05 F350 Wheel Question... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 F350 Wheel Question...

I have a 2005 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab, with the short bed and dual rear wheels. I have a question about wheels in general with the DRW trucks. Currently I still have the 17 inch factory wheel setup with the aluminum front and outer rear duals, while the inner rear duals are steel. My question is this... Could I find a set of used or replacement front rims, and swap them out for the steel inner duals in the rear?

My reason for wanting to do this is simply to make things the same all around, as well as to make tire rotations much more simple. Also what would be the correct tire rotation pattern for the truck. I know typically on a SRW there is the cross and same side patterns, but with a dually is that pattern different. The last time they did the rotation for me, they moved the fronts to the inside rear, the inside rear to the outside rear, and the outside rear to the front opposite side. I am not sure if this was the normal rotation, or was just due to the saw-toothing that was happening on the fronts.

This also begs another question, has anyone else had the issue of the stepping or saw-toothing on the front tires, where they get some blocks of tread stepped like a saw tooth? I was told this is commonly seen where people do not rotate tires often enough, and that it is a common issue on the super dutys. None of my prior SD fords has had that issue, but those I owned from new, and rotated the tires with every oil change. This current truck, my 2005, I just purchased in late July. The tires already had that saw-toothing going, and while the tires on it were newer (less than 10,000 miles by my reckoning), I cannot be sure they were ever rotated properly. So anyways, yea, hopefully someone can help with those few questions. If i can just replace the inner rear steel duals with a set of the front wheels that i can find used, that will help a ton. Please help!

alpha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
aluminum, dually, f350, steel, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.