6.0 or 6.7?! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 or 6.7?!

I currently have a 6L with106k on it. I'm in need of some I injectors soon so I was wonder if I should sell it and get a 6.7. If I keep this I'd want to do the bulletproof kit but i don't know if I want to spend all that money, I'm thinking payments on a new one with no miles and a warranty might be a better idea. What do you guys think. Thanks!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If the 6.0 is paid for I would keep it. I want a 6.7 but I don't want $900 a month plus insurance. Ill be keeping my 6.0, title in hand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 AM

Only problem with the 6.7 is you gotta look at it...otherwise its a better truck in pretty much every way.

Jason
Old 10-12-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonY View Post
Only problem with the 6.7 is you gotta look at it...otherwise its a better truck in pretty much every way.

Jason
Well, I owned a 97 F150 for a few years - the swoopy body style. That ugliness is hard to see when you're driving it - and it was a great truck. That said, I will keep my 6.0 and $0 payment until at least after the election in case enough morons vote to jack up our taxes.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:44 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Payments are a bad option. Keep your 6.0. You're going to spend a few thousand to make your truck bullet proof now, or 50k to have a new truck. seems like a no brainer to me. Think what you could do with the money if you didn't have to make payments. And I'm not just talking about what you could do with your truck.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:58 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslord84 View Post
If the 6.0 is paid for I would keep it. I want a 6.7 but I don't want $900 a month plus insurance. Ill be keeping my 6.0, title in hand.
This...

Totally agree... I like the 6.7s. They drive great and I would like a dually... But, in all honesty the 8-900 a month payment makes me cringe. I'd rather get an Airstream trailer, go camping every month and spend the last 4-500 a month on booze and strippers...

Last edited by garbonzo1991gt; 10-12-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: grammar nazi
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
Every one thinks their gen trucks are the best, it's only money they print more every day, and it's just a truck, if you can afford the payments comfortably and want anew truck go for it. The 11-13 trucks are miles ahead of even the 08-10 trucks and so forth. Paid off trucks are a nice thing however
Old 10-12-2012, 02:36 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman02232 View Post
Every one thinks their gen trucks are the best, it's only money they print more every day, and it's just a truck, if you can afford the payments comfortably and want anew truck go for it. The 11-13 trucks are miles ahead of even the 08-10 trucks and so forth. Paid off trucks are a nice thing however
I am not saying which one is better or worst. What i am saying is that the beat vehicle on earth is the one that you have the title to.

You are right that is is only money and they print more everyday, but who says that you are going to make any of the freshly printed money? With the state of uncertainty that the economy and the job market is in now, I would not finance a piece of bubble gum. When you sign that paper that says you have to pay $900 a month for 6 years, you better be absolutely certain that you will have a steady job for 6 years. I don't know anyone that can say that right now. Maybe truck drivers and that is it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
Old 10-12-2012, 03:31 PM

Location: The place where the 2nd amendment is considered illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonzo1991gt View Post
This...

Totally agree... I like the 6.7s. They drive great and I would like a dually... But, in all honesty the 8-900 a month payment makes me cringe. I'd rather get an Airstream trailer, go camping every month and spend the last 4-500 a month on booze and strippers...
I like that idea dude . Keep the 6.0L is a great engine IMHO.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So. ~15k truck vs 60k truck, you can buy 4 of the 15k truck. $45,000 buys a lot of truck parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.