CTS Readout! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CTS Readout!

Okay guys, I went for about an hour ride down 95 to Bass Pro Shops in Richmond and was watching my Edge CTS. I know from reading threads on here that my numbers are bad. I still don't really know what these mean. I don't know what Deltas mean. Maybe y'all can explain what everything means on these 6.0's. If I'm not mistaken, I need a new EGR cooler? I'd like to hear everybody's opinion... Here's my #'s... Sorry so blurry, trying to drive @ 75mph and snap a pic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM

Off topic, How can I make the pic bigger to post in the thread? Thanks.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:17 PM

Like you said your numbers are a bit high but keep in mind the baseline is on a flat road at 65 mph. Change that and it may change the numbers you are seeing. My understanding is that when your numbers are past 15 degrees its your oil cooler that may need attention, not the EGR cooler.

Read this for the numbers that you should be watching: Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

PS: I like imgur.com for picture hosting, its free and easy to use.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the tip with imgur, it's a lot better than photobucket. As far as the truck goes, it was flat land, but about 10 mph faster. maybe I'll take another trip Saturday and go 65 mph, then read them. It'll give me a reason to go back to Bass Pro Shops...
Old 10-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Its your oil cooler. Coolant cant get past the cooler to cool off the oil. Deltas are the difference between the eot and ect. I have been down the oil cooler road many times. Egr may be on its way out, oil coolers and egr's go hand in hand. I would look into this sooner rather than later. I personally would go with either the BPD set up or the IPR kit. I personally went through 4 oil coolers before i bit the bullet for the bullett proof diesel kit, worth every penny. I see you have new orleans as one of your locations. Im here too. If i can be of any help just give me a shout
Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94slowbra View Post
Its your oil cooler. Coolant cant get past the cooler to cool off the oil. Deltas are the difference between the eot and ect. I have been down the oil cooler road many times. Egr may be on its way out, oil coolers and egr's go hand in hand. I would look into this sooner rather than later. I personally would go with either the BPD set up or the IPR kit. I personally went through 4 oil coolers before i bit the bullet for the bullett proof diesel kit, worth every penny. I see you have new orleans as one of your locations. Im here too. If i can be of any help just give me a shout
Yeah, I was born and raised in Metairie. I just moved out to Virginia as of the 1st of the year. I'm really considering doing a complete bullet proof job to her. Studs, Head gaskets, EGR delete, Oil cooler... Is there anything else I should do while it's open? I'm probably not going to do this myself and I hope whoever does it will put the delete on it. I appreciate the help offer, and I'd probably take you up on it if I were back home...
Old 10-11-2012, 06:31 PM

Nice Notch... Here's one I just sold before coming out to VA.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:26 PM

Good looking coupe. If i were you and i planned on keeping the truck doing it all at once would be the way to go especially if you ate paying for it. Do studs, stc fitting on hpop, updated stand pipes and dummy plugs, icp screen, updated turbo oil feed and drain lines and a bullet proof oil cooler. Sounds like alot, and it is, but this does everything but guarantee reliability. Replaces all weak links in a 6.0 and gives a great foundation for anything in the future.
On a side note: not sure how we missed each other down here. Ive been in metairie for 6 years and grew up in lakeview. Small world
Old 10-11-2012, 07:53 PM
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterHD View Post
Nice Notch... Here's one I just sold before coming out to VA.

I'd ride that pony.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94slowbra View Post
Good looking coupe. If i were you and i planned on keeping the truck doing it all at once would be the way to go especially if you ate paying for it. Do studs, stc fitting on hpop, updated stand pipes and dummy plugs, icp screen, updated turbo oil feed and drain lines and a bullet proof oil cooler. Sounds like alot, and it is, but this does everything but guarantee reliability. Replaces all weak links in a 6.0 and gives a great foundation for anything in the future.
On a side note: not sure how we missed each other down here. Ive been in metairie for 6 years and grew up in lakeview. Small world
Yeah, I'm going to have to get it all done at the same time so I'm not spending double on labor... It sucks that I'm too scared to try and tackle this myself... I have a few guys I know who live in Lakeview and I was at the lakefront every weekend from about 1997 till about 2002, lol. Always out there with my Mustang talking smack then racing on Wisnor and then coming back and park, just to talk more smack... Then heading out to New Orleans East on Hayne Ave race a bit then head to "The Parish" to race on Paris Rd. Those were the days... It is a very small world. I met a guy out here at a car show, and we were talking about where we moved from and come to find out, he use to live in Kenner, about 15 mins away from my house in Old Metairie... I couldn't tell you how many Saints fans are out here in VA also, but I've been getting sh!t this whole season because this is Redskins country and they whooped us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.