FICMRepair.com - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICMRepair.com

I want to give a plug to Ed and the gang at FICMRepair.com. At the end of last week I was having some cold start issues. I knew it was either an injector or the ficm. Sunday morning I tested the ficm and determined it bad. I was getting about 23 volts right after a cold start. So I went ahead and pulled it out. Monday morning I went to UPS, because it was a federal holiday and post office was closed. Long story short, he got it Tuesday evening, checked it out and called me at 9:00 to tell me what was wrong with it. We talked for about a half hour about the ficm and the 6.0 in general. Ed is very knowledgable about the 6.0 and how to keep it on the road for a long time. Anyway, here it is Thursday afternoon, it came back to me through express mail. I installed it, turn the key and it fired right up and purred like a kitten. I got the Atlas 40 tune and I do not have a tuner on the truck. I thoroughly enjoyed me test drive. The atlas 40, airaid intake and 4" straight pipe dose quite nicely together.

FICMRepair.com = highly recommended!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yep Ed is the man I sent mine off to get the Atlas 40 as well I can't wait to get it back
Old 10-11-2012, 06:27 PM

I sent mine off last monday and by friday it was back and installed in the stock truck. Big difference right away. Nothing was wrong with my FICM I just wanted to have the Atlas 40 installed. Ed was very helpful and quick to reply using email.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM

Mine goes out tomorrow. I can't wait.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM

Since buying my truck in 2008 I had problems with cold starts < 30 degrees F so I began to use Rev-X which really made a night and day difference. Over the summer I had just a horrible time with my truck having both FICM failure and HPOP failure. Ed really helped me and kept my vacation from getting completely ruined. When I returned from the vacation I had Ed send me a 4 screw FICM and sent in my 7 screw, then had my HPOP, IPR and IPC replaced.

Fast forward to today. In NY it was 25 degrees out this morning. My truck is running Motorcraft 15-30 oil and no Rev-X but do have the current Ford Flash and the Economy tune on the FICM. When I turned the key the EOT, ECT and EGT were all reading about 42 degrees. I would have thought that it would have been lower but anyway... turned the key, waited for the glow plug light to extinguish, and it started right up and was 100% drivable. It really took me by surprise that there were zero cold problems. While the engine wasn't showing that it was super cold, I was still impressed.

Next week it will be due for an oil change and the T6 will be going back in which should make it even better. I am impressed with how the FICM is performing, and even though I tested the FICM every winter, it must have still had an issue since it's never been better than it is now. I had really though that I was going to have to replace injectors because of stiction, and that Rev-X was giving me more time. In hindsight, I should have sent the FICM to get repaired long ago, even before Rev-X. I am very optimistic that I won't require any additional product in the winter because of Ed's work. So another thumbs up for Ed!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Not to get off topic, how big of a hit was the HPOP?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03superstroke View Post
Not to get off topic, how big of a hit was the HPOP?
The adrenalin pump is about 1k.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:02 AM

I couldn't afford the time to do it myself, so the HPOP, IPR, IPC, Oil Change along with diagnostic labor and installation labor was just around 3K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.