BlackStone ATF Analysis - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
BlackStone ATF Analysis

I frequently see results of oil analysis on the ORG but never hear of anybody doing BlackStone's Automatic Transmission Fluid Analysis? I feel that this would be equally important as tranny fluid is only changed every 30k miles so it would be very beneficial to see the breakdown of it and the health of your transmission. My tranny is due for a flush and I'm strongly considering sending out a sample to BlackStone to see what they find. For me it's chela insurance ($25) for a test. Hat do y'all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would like to see the results posted if you do it. It for sure can not hurt anything especially since it is only $25 and should give you some kind of idead about the current shape of your transmissoin.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:56 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just did my first black stone lab on my oil. Was impressed and they said it all looked good. They also told me I can extend my oil changes out to 9, 000 miles as I was changing it every 7, 500 so that's nice to hear also. Was kind of surprised to hear from them they don't recommend revx because it puts too much potassium in the oil and blocks their results for coolant in the oil. I would defiantly send in a trans sample.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 PM

I went ahead and ordered my test kit from BlackStone Labs. Very curious to see how the results come back. I got the truck with 84K and it has 90K on it now. Previous owner had all work done by the dealer so it should have been properly flushed at 30K and 60K. It shifts great so I don't see why anything would be wrong but for $25 why not see how healthy she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2shuck View Post
I would like to see the results posted if you do it. It for sure can not hurt anything especially since it is only $25 and should give you some kind of idead about the current shape of your transmissoin.
I will definitely post results on this thread when I get them

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I just did my first black stone lab on my oil. Was impressed and they said it all looked good. They also told me I can extend my oil changes out to 9, 000 miles as I was changing it every 7, 500 so that's nice to hear also. Was kind of surprised to hear from them they don't recommend revx because it puts too much potassium in the oil and blocks their results for coolant in the oil. I would defiantly send in a trans sample.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I plan on doing an oil analysis as well when I'm due for a change. Interesting about the Rev-X. I am running ArchOil9100 right now, do you think that would have the same affect on the test as Rev-X? Its always great to know how the internals of your engine/transmission are, and its cheap insurance if something is wrong!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:09 PM

I too would like to read the results of the tests. Like it was mentioned, it's only $25 so why not?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:11 PM

I don't know why the transmission analysis's aren't more popular

I always see people posting oil analysis's but not once have I seen one for trans fluid.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:28 PM

I have seen a few transmission analysis, but not here. Post it up when you get it.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 PM

I got a free analysis through amsoil for my transmission. I will look for it.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
I got a free analysis through amsoil for my transmission. I will look for it.
I have an interest in that.

If the OP wants to save a few bucks (literally, just a few) I can get you a discounted Amsoil test kit.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Serving Our Country!

I am "away" from my home computer where my test results are located...or maybe I can download historic samples from Blackstone's site...but I have used Blackstone Labs tests for: Engine Oil, Transmission Fluid, Transfer Case Fluid, and Coolant on my 6.0. I have also used their testing for my motorcycle's engine oil, gearbox oil, final drive fluid, differential fluid, and gear reduction fluid (my bike has a driven sidecar wheel). I get the engine oil sampled for my wife's minivan and the engine oil for my mother-in-law's scooter as well. The guys at Blackstone test all types of fluid and with greater sampling the rates decrease too. As has been said, "Cheap insurance!"

Blackstone is GREAT!

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.