Got some MOD questions and need help asap lol - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got some MOD questions and need help asap lol

Hey guys!
Well I just bought a wrecked 2006 F250 FX4 King Ranch Lifted 37's Well right now its in the shop getting allllll fixed up. now I talked to a couple people and they told me that if I do straight exhaust,EGR delete and light tuning ill bee all good? JW is he right? Well I'm gonna be buying some parts here before long.
Well I decided to go with a MBRP 4in straight pipe. Idk what EGR delete kit to buy? i dont wanna cut corners i want it done right! So help me out with a egr delete kit. Also Im looking at tuning. I was looking at SCT Also the Banks 6gun. I like that the 6gun has a 6 position selector switch. But my only question with it with this put major stress on the hed gaskets? not trying to cut the corner of not doing gaskets but I just dont have the cash to dump into head gaskets. Well got 2 more questions. What brand of oil cooler should I use to replace it? and the last one is Can I put APR head studs in without new gaskets If I just do them 1 at a time?
Thanks for the help!
Ron
P.S. If you have any input PLEASE throw you 2cents in!
Thanks
Ron!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Best answer for me is to read the thread at the top of the page in the stickies Bulletproofing the 6.0 by collo_dually. That'll answer everything you need.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 AM

Anybody got anymore input?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is the first thing you should do......Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.
Dont bother with the bully dog stuff, some ficm tunes are safe for trucks without studs.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM

If its running ok now, just save your money and do it all once you see your delta exceed the limit, no need to pay for the same labor 2-3 times when you can do it all at once. And then tune it with sct and drive it like you stole it, its fun, trust me!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan660 View Post
Anybody got anymore input?
The thread that colo_dually wrote about bulletproofing is everything you need to know.

SCT is the only tuner I'd run on a 6.0.

EDIT: heres the thread. Read it all and you'll learn just about everything there is to know about your 6.0 and how to make it great.
Write Up: Bullet-Proofing the 6.0L PSD.

Last edited by Moto2four; 10-11-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan660 View Post
Hey guys!
Well I just bought a wrecked 2006 F250 FX4 King Ranch Lifted 37's Well right now its in the shop getting allllll fixed up. now I talked to a couple people and they told me that if I do straight exhaust,EGR delete and light tuning ill bee all good? JW is he right? Well I'm gonna be buying some parts here before long.
Well I decided to go with a MBRP 4in straight pipe. Idk what EGR delete kit to buy? i dont wanna cut corners i want it done right! So help me out with a egr delete kit. Also Im looking at tuning. I was looking at SCT Also the Banks 6gun. I like that the 6gun has a 6 position selector switch. But my only question with it with this put major stress on the hed gaskets? not trying to cut the corner of not doing gaskets but I just dont have the cash to dump into head gaskets. Well got 2 more questions. What brand of oil cooler should I use to replace it? and the last one is Can I put APR head studs in without new gaskets If I just do them 1 at a time?
Thanks for the help!
Ron
P.S. If you have any input PLEASE throw you 2cents in!
Thanks
Ron!
For the EGR cooler I would do the IPR stage 2 EGR delete. It is by far the best EGR delete I have seen IMHO. I would aslo put and IPR high flow coolant filter on the truck and flush out the ford gold coolant and put ELC coolant in. For the tuner I would only go SCT since it tunes the transmission also. For an oil cooler the only three options that are proven to work are to replace with another stock oil cooler, use the IPR oil cooler kit which moves the stock oil cooler out of the valley to the radiator for easier anc cheaper cooler changes later down the road, and the bulletproof oil cooler whci you put on and never have to worry about changing a oil cooler again since it is an air to oil cooler it will not clog like the factory one will plus eliminates the stock cartridge oil filter and puts on a frame mounted spin on oil filter. As far as studs it is recommended to pull the ehads and have them checked for flatness and cracks and reinstall with studs and OEM ONLY gaskets, but if your headgaskets are not leaking there have been people that have done the 1 for 1 swap over to studs and had good luck, but IMHO it is kind of a shot in the dark in how long it will last if you do not have the heads checked.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:48 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by southend View Post
This is the first thing you should do......Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.
Dont bother with the bully dog stuff, some ficm tunes are safe for trucks without studs.

To the OP, if out know for a fact that the gaskets are good then you can do the studs one a a time without removing the heads but baring your certainty the gaskets need to be replaced, heads checked and studs put in after.
Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Nothing wrong with the bullydog stuff. I ran their triple dog tuner for 190, 000 miles no issues. I'm not sure he said anything about ficm tunes but the best one for all around performance is the atlas 40 film tune which is good for oem head bolts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.