Tuners and programmers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tuners and programmers

So this is probably a horse that has been beatn' to death. I bought my truck, a 06 F250 already had mods on it such as the quadzilla adrenaline w/Pulse V2, no cat 4" exhaust from turbo on, has a turbo mod and aftermarket intercooler, stage 2 AFE air intake system with the high ram intake, the display is ok on the V2, but I want something better. I have been looking at the bully dog gt diesel tuner cause I can get one right at $400 through a friend of mine. What are y'all's suggestions? What is THE best tuner out there for the 6.0?
I will soon have the sinister egr delete done. I use my truck for everything but drag racing well the occasional race with a Chevy or dodge down the highway of course......lol let me know what y'all think. Also let me know if anyone is using Royal Purple fluids in their diesel trucks.

Last edited by Pwrstrokecwby; 10-10-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
The best tuner for a 6.0 is an SCT with custom written tunes. It will give the most power in the safest manner. Vivian from quick tricks sells an SCT tuner with unlimited custom tunes for $475. I have her tunes and they are fantastic. Much better than the edge platinum I had.

My RAZR made me send this...
Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The best tuner is an SCT with custom tunes, as bwmtbiker stated.

Id stick with rotella t6 either 5 or 15w-40 and motor craft filters. I don't care for royal purple
Old 10-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Everyone will say sct with custom tunes from quick tricks auto, innovative diesel, Gearhead (not me) or a few others. The just came out with a sct livewire ts. Great for monitoring, others use the edge insight cts for monitoring all the vital parameters. Read the sticky thread.

A few have run some of the high end oil, most recommend rotella t6, I run it. Does fine for me. Rev-x is an additive that will help with cold start injector stiction issues.

Welcome to the org.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Apparently i need to type faster, lol.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I appreciate the responds, but what makes the SCT Livewire TS tow tune better then persay the Economind tuner from banks besides the extra $400. I have been looking at both of these. I have heard that people are having problems with flashing their vehicles back to stock. So I kinda been leaning back towards the banks Economind cause their ain't no reprogramming the truck and the extra power at the finger tips. Am I wrong to say they both do the same thing? What exactly does SCT do for the transmission that the banks ain't doing?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwrstrokecwby View Post
I appreciate the responds, but what makes the SCT Livewire TS tow tune better then persay the Economind tuner from banks besides the extra $400. I have been looking at both of these. I have heard that people are having problems with flashing their vehicles back to stock. So I kinda been leaning back towards the banks Economind cause their ain't no reprogramming the truck and the extra power at the finger tips. Am I wrong to say they both do the same thing? What exactly does SCT do for the transmission that the banks ain't doing?
It Improves shift points and increases trans rail pressure.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Don't they all say their products do that though?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got a few friends that run the banks stuff and they love it, I got on the form and here everyone is all SCT. So I'm kinda torn in between you know. I got a quadzilla adrenaline in the truck right now but it came with the truck but can't wait to rid my truck of it with a new tuner
Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Premium Member

You have to be happy with what you want, not me nor anyone else. The SCT sets some parameters that can not be done on the fly or interactive. The tunes written by SCT and other programmers using the SCT flasher have been tested and run by thousands. An extra benefit is that the tunes can be very specific to your vehicle set-up.

As far as flashing and flashing back to stock, it is pretty simple. A good idea to prevent problems is to have your vehicle on a battery charger while programming.

If you want to go with Banks and only their performance strategies go ahead. They are a solid performance company and will serve you well for moderate gains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.