How many miles do you have on original injectors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How many miles do you have on original injectors?

So, a couple years ago, my truck had a couple injectors put in it while still under factory warranty #2 and #5. Just here recently, 2 more died #1 and #5, so that's #5 in less than 50k miles...however there were complications when cleaning hfcm that may have helped lead to that, or helped finish it off. My wife works at a parts store, she spoke to a guy just today with an 03 f250 with a 6.0 has had no trouble, not a bit, no injectors, no nothing...275k miles, literally must be one in a million. Got me to thinking, with no trauma, adequate fuel pressure, great batteries, and corresponding great ficm, how long do they actually last?

Seems simple enough, except when talking to a couple local shops, the dealer, and reading on here, it looks like some injectors are more problematic than others...the #5 in particular, not just because of my truck, but I've seen probably more #5's going bad than others...is it just me, or any correlation? Does one bank tend to loose fuel pressure before the other, and lead to bad injectors more frequently? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i talked to a guy yesterday fualing up he had a 06 215,000 company truck never had a wrench put to it .,he did say at 3000 miles they put a coolant filter on it and thats it ,he did say in feb. 2013 he gets a new 2013 wow nice
Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'll need to check my records when I get home to see which 2 injectors were replaced. I've got 6 original injectors that are about to hit 200k, the two that were replaced have about 75k on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Mine had all 8 original injectors that I replaced at 134,xxx when I did studs and gaskets.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:08 PM

140,000 original injectors
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Mine had all 8 original injectors that I replaced at 134,xxx when I did studs and gaskets.
That's kinda my problem, I'm at 145k, and while its cheaper for me to go in there and change the injectors one at a time, as they go bad its still a pain. After much review, ill probably be going with 8 injectors from warren diesel. Figure while I'm in there ill do it once, possibly upgrade too.

In the process of ordering a sct ts from Vivian, I need to ask her I guess what she thinks about the stock+ warren injectors ...155 with stock tips as i understand. I mean, if tueres a little more power to be had, and if they get the same or better mileage, why not. If they're not much bigger than stock, I can't see them raising cylinder pressures that much to be an issue with head gaskets. I know its been covered elsewhere, but thoughts on warren stock plus vs stock vs new dealership injectors?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
308k..........

On my 96 7.3..............

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 PM

306k on all original injectors in my 97 7.3 and climbing daily. My other 7.3 made it to 286k before new injectors completely.

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 PM

206,000 miles and still going
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM

I have 155,000 on all 8 and counting (knock on wood)....synthetic oil 5k changes, fuel filters every 10k and diesel kleen every other tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.