99-06 to 08+ Mirror Conversion using uplifter switches?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 04:56 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99-06 to 08+ Mirror Conversion using uplifter switches??

I had a thought that would possibly allow me to keep a seemless install.

My current truck is an 06 F350 lariat. Has stock power mirrors with turn indicator, heat, manual telescope.

I would like to convert those mirrors to the 08+ mirrors but I don't want to cut up my bezels and install corny switches. I would like to leave everything looking factory, but I want the power fold and power telescope. So my thought is possibly using the uplifter switch. Using one switch to telescope and another to fold. Has anyone tried this? or know of any way to make this work? any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Premium Member

I would think you would need a three way switch for that, as the upfitter switches are just on/off.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselV8 View Post
I would think you would need a three way switch for that, as the upfitter switches are just on/off.
Thats what i thought too. But I have also considered using all 4 switches. Granted it isn't the BEST use for all 4 of them, but I don't have any other use for them.

I could set it so that when you flip one on it folds in, flip another switch to fold out. Another switch to telescope in and another to telescope out. Unless they have a 3 way uplifter switch that you can change and still look factory. Or somehow convert it.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd look around for a three-way that looked similar to factory or even replace all four so they all look exactly the same. A three-way is just so much easier to use instead of hitting one side of a normal switch then when the mirror is in the correct position move your finger the other side of the switch to power it off. I just have visions of say the switch for the power extend accidentally being turned on and no one noticing for a long time which would probably burn out the mirror motors or screw up the gears in those expensive mirrors.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
I'd look around for a three-way that looked similar to factory or even replace all four so they all look exactly the same. A three-way is just so much easier to use instead of hitting one side of a normal switch then when the mirror is in the correct position move your finger the other side of the switch to power it off. I just have visions of say the switch for the power extend accidentally being turned on and no one noticing for a long time which would probably burn out the mirror motors or screw up the gears in those expensive mirrors.
Completely agree. what are the odds that I would find a switch that looks factory and is a 3 way. Been looking all over the internet and no luck Thanks for the advice.. If i can't find anything I'll probably try to get creative with what ford did on the 08 cluster on the driver side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.