im changing my 6.4 banjo bolts back to stock bolts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 05:36 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im changing my 6.4 banjo bolts back to stock bolts

The more i have researched and read how the fuel system works im gonna put my check valve stock bolts in, the fuel system is designed to keep pressure in fuel rail and 6.4l banjo bolts dont have check valve so everytime you shut off the motor the fuel leaves the fuel rails there fore i belieave would lead to extend cranking times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when you turn the key on, the relay comes to life and the system primes itself,,,,,, now that may take longer, but cranking should be same. not to say it is, but should be. i have heard of no complaints about extended cranking, just reports of NO GAINS, after switching
Old 10-04-2012, 06:12 PM

ok u got me talked into leaving if alone, even though i never use glow plugs haha, and turn they key like a gas motor, i only use gp first intail start of the day
Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Premium Member

Actually, the stock 6.0 banjos have check valves in them to try to prevent what is called helmholtz resonance. Shockwaves in the fuel rails, to put it simply. The 6.0 is a dead ended system, the 6.4 is not, hence no check valves in the 6.4 banjos.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokedieself250 View Post
ok u got me talked into leaving if alone, even though i never use glow plugs haha, and turn they key like a gas motor, i only use gp first intail start of the day
Holy Fawkk! I did this once, idk what i was thinking, but she didnt start. It freaked me out but then remembered. tryied it again, waited for teh light to go off and it started w no problem. So urs starts up fine every time ?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:52 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Been running 6.4L banjos for a long time with no issues. I can't see how the fuel would drain out the rails. The system maintains fuel pressure static when shut off. Perhaps the FP regulator spring is weak allowing the return side to open. This would allow the rail pressure to bleed off over night.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 AM

Thanks for the knowledge.. i do use my gp everymorning for the first start up of the day but that's it and yea it starts up fine, but my batterys are starting to get weak and im not turning over the motor fast enough so i do have a littlle bit extend cranking right now. i have started it with out gp in pretty cold temps and still starts fine, but i live in florida so pretty cold is 40 degrees..
Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 AM

and i have put 6.4 banjo bolts in over 50 trucks around here, i was just doing research on fuel system and i knew it was a dead head system so i figured well the check valve might be useful.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i use the GP light when its on, otherwise i wait for the fuel light and water in fuel light to go off. starts great. what i have noticed, is on cooler mornings, mid to low 30's, is if i plug in, the truck starts rougher than using the GP. i guess some heat doent allow GP time to fully heat combustion area as well.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:17 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The bank bolts don't make any difference what so ever. Ether way you go there is nothing worry about.

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.