just bought my first diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just bought my first diesel

just got an 03 f250 4x4. This is my first diesel truck, it has 130,000 miles on it.

Any information you would give to a newb, please give. I have been lurking here for a while and already learned a litle

Thanks for the help so far and in the future!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Congrats on the new rig! Welcome to the ORG!!! Be sure not to let it run out of Fuel...Fuel Additive is a good idea, and lastly, if you're like me and baby your truck, let it cool down for a minute or two before shutting it off.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned

well since its starting to get colder out here is a link to another thread so you can know what to execpt and how to handle your diesel during these months. Winter!!! What to Expect From Your Truck.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned

do you have a 7.3L or a 6.0 L motor ??

fuel additive is a good idea. get a turbo timer or learn about cool down. always make sure you warm it up before you drive it hard. keep the oil change intervals religiously, not only is oil the life blood of your motor, but diesels break down oil more than gassers, and your entire fuel injection system is dependent on oil pressure.

what are your goals with the truck ? do you plan to mod it ?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the information so far, but keep it coming please!!!

I havent had much time to look into engine mods. I am in tn and will be driving to work 30 miles round trip and pulling a trailer for landscaping on the weekends.

Turbo timer? what does it do(besides the obvious bc of the name), how much will it set me back? I always let my vehicle warm up good before driving. If you have any suggestions on where to start please let me know.

I am coming from a mustang so i am going to be looking for speed soon, but the apperance has to change first. Its a work edition with grey grill n black bumpers and sealedbeam headlights. I enjoy taking something not so nice and make it look real nice b4 and after pics make me happy

I have started a thread on the apperance mods i want to do this month, with a couple of questions. fyi I started the thread in 7.3 on accident.

It is a regular cab with the stright bench, where do i look and what seats will fit in the reg cab f250 i need a center console
Old 10-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
I'm going to bed, but I'll post some more useful info tomorrow. Have a good night!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:30 PM

Sweet truck i just got my first diesel too and its in the process of getting lifted. i reccomend doing the exhaust, getting gauges, zoodad, airfilter and later on a sct chip!!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:31 PM

f250ghost your truck is sweet and pretty much just what im going for with mine!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
congrats on the new rig.... if your looking for engine mods i suggest gauges first, exhaust, zoodad, intake and a custom tuned SCT chip....
Old 10-19-2007, 05:23 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Congrats, bro! I can't wait to see the pics... Oh, and one point of clarification-every once in a while, once the truck is warmed up, you need to drive the pi$$ out of it. This will help keep the Variable Geometry Turbo from coking up. Oh and x3 on the custom tunes using SCT...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.