She's under the knife, My build thread. Lots' Pics. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
She's under the knife, My build thread. Lots' Pics.

Well guys after months and months of waiting it has finally started.

On Friday I started on my 6.0 shopping list of all the parts I was gonna need to stud/play. I have a whole heaping pile'o parts coming in the mail all week this week. Fed-ex and UPS are gonna hate me by the end of the week lol.

So instead of doing a write-up on how to do it I decided to just take some pics here and there just showing the progress of my build. I think the head studs and gasket swap has been thoroughly covered enough.

With my build I decided for now that I'm just going to stud it and finish up the rest of the updated parts. For the go fast goodies I decided to go with a Hybrid from Adrain and have Jesse build me a set of 175's. Eventually I will end up with a ficm tuner. (probably sooner than later, after installing my dashboss I found that my ficm is starting to go. Running at 47-47.5 but sometimes falling to 45v)

So here are the pics so far. This is only about 5 hours total at this point. Anyone who is considering doing this job. DO IT it's not that hard at all. It all comes apart pretty easily. Just stay organized take pics if you have to and TAKE YOUR TIME. The key to success in this is not to get in a big hurry and screw something up. And just for reference all this is being done with only two power tools and no air tools. All I have for power tools is 1 - 3/8" drive cordless impact gun and 1 - 1/2" drive cordless impact. Everything else is all hand tools ratchets sockets wrenches etc.

That wraps up day one. Hopefully tomorrow weather permitting I can get the passenger side inner wheel well out, pull the a/c evaporator, pull the fan, pull the turbo and get the oil filter stand pipe and housing out so I can pull the intake manifold. I'll keep you updated. Lol wish me luck.

Last edited by Tuscany; 09-02-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuscany For This Useful Post:
Ghost87 (06-23-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks like you could use a bigger bucket. Lol. Good luck man. Hopefully the deliveries come often and quick.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned

Lol yeah almost all of that trans fluid was from the power steering and trans coolers from disconnecting the lines before removal. No big deal I have a pressure washer I will use to wash the driveway when I get her all back together.

No doubt on the parts coming this week lol. I have my heads at the machine shop right now and hopefully will be done by Wednesday so I can start reassembly by the middle to end of the week. ( I have an extra set of heads. I did that to minimize down time plus I just wasn't to sure of the condition of the heads in the truck so for $200 it was cheap insurance.)
Old 09-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Git-r-done!!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Subscribing
Old 09-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's one heck of a start. You are going to be so happy when this is done.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRF985 View Post
That's one heck of a start. You are going to be so happy when this is done.
Lol I'm actually enjoying getting dirty and doing the work myself, so I'll be more upset when it's done lol. My wife on the other hand would agree completely with you. she is sick of hearing about the truck and what I am doing to it lol. She just wants it done and over with lol.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Premium Member

looks good, I'm in, keep us posted
Old 09-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Banned

One thing I have to say is that it is SOOOOO much easier working on this with all the front taken off. It just sucks for me because my truck has a 6" lift and 35" tires with 20" rims so it's still somewhat of a PITA to do some of the things but definitely worth it.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Subscribing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
flippy, floppies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.