She's under the knife, My build thread. Lots' Pics. - Page 58 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The IPR high flow coolant filter is the best on the market and works great in the original configuration. I truly believe (my opinion) that it will filter more coolant at any given time running in parallel with the heater core than running through the coolant manifold that filters post oil cooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Motor Head.

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Subscribed
Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Diesel Mechanic Poser

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bryan,
I just want to compliment you and let you know that I think you’ve posted lots of excellent photos that illustrated what you were doing and showed some great detail. Thanks for your service!
My favorite pictures :
I get this look a lot…..

Congrats!

Last edited by Lumberg; 11-08-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Banned

Thanks bud! I appreciate the props. Your thread was one of the first two that I read. (can't remember if I read yours or Don's first lol) but either way it was a great laugh and an awesome start for inspiration to try mine on my own. Thanks again man. And as far as thanking me for my service no thanks necessary it was my job
Old 11-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am in the process of doing my studs and gaskets i just read through this post all 58 pgs I got to wonder if the demise of your stock cooler wasnt sticking that tube deal into all the water journals. I mean im bulletproofed so it doesnt much matter but id have to think even though you did suck alot out there is a possibility you knocked off alot more that never got sucked out. Also alot of that mineral deposit is more than likely from running straight water all winter Coolant has stuff in it that prohibits corrosion. On a side note if you were disappointed when you had to cover up your ficm wait till you gotta cover that transfer block.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Banned

The only problem with your thesis is that I flushed the cooling system about 3 months before I did my studs and gaskets. I flushed with Fleetgaurd Restore and VC-9 and lots of tap water then drained and refilled with elc coolant again and my temps never budged from the 5* spread I originally had from replacing the oil cooler a year before then. My temps remained no more than a 5* spread all the way until I drained my distilled out after reassembly of the top end from gaskets and studs and adding coolant to get the proper mix.

Even after reassembly and refilling it and taking it for a hour long test drive not including the hour it sat and idled in the driveway before the test drive the spread was never greater than 5*. But as soon as I drained the distilled water out and added my coolant the temps immediately spiked to over a 17* spread. So it wasn't caused by not having coolant in place during the winter or even using the homemade tool to suck out the water jackets as I should have taken before and after pictures of them but you would be amazed to see how clean they actually were and all the garbage that came out of them is in the pics of he buckets full of black and red.

Also if you don't want to go through 58 pages of a thread go into your user settings and set the post per page count from 10 to 40. Makes it a lot nicer lol.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Its still alot of reading no matter how many posts per page!!! but i enjoyed it and learned a few things. The only thing is that straight water will always lower deltas and maybe it started to plug when you were running straight water but i have read countless threads where guys have 15-25 deg deltas then they start the flush process and the delta drops to 5-10 bc they are just running water with some chem. When you ran straight water was it Tap or distilled? I quess i was wondering cause I am waiting for my heads and i thought about doing this but intead of a shop vac i have a power evac. Like i said im bulletproofed so im not worried about a cooler plugging but i just don't like the idea of loose crud in my system. I am disappointed to see that with there was so much stuff in your journals even after a vc-9 and restore flush just prior to dis-assembly, makes you wonder just how well that expensive stuff works. I figured my journeals would have been clean as a whistle due the all the oil that was pumped into it prior to BPD install!!!!! ahh its funny now but at the time it wasn't. Have you ever used the 3m Relco (?) Gasket removers i thought about using one for alum. to get all the gasket off
http://honda-tech.com/attachment.php...1&d=1240540746
the pic it the course or Steel but there is a yellow one the label as Fine for alum blocks i figure that shouldnt take any metal
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Banned

Look what came in the mail yesterday

Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Premium Member

Bryan, don't you still have a BPD setup you're supposed to install first?

Wish I could spring for a new turbo and injectors for my rebuild. Which one did you end up going with?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Banned

Yeah I still have to install my BPD kit. Waiting on the weather to come around. It's been pretty cold here and without a indoor facility to do it in I'm choosing to wait for a warm spell. I also have BPD's oil bypass filter kit and my turbo to install. Lol all that along with doing the MAD mod to my up pipe.

It's a modded stage 1 for the time being. Me and Adrian have been talking for a long time and he wanted to try some tweaks to the stage one and wanted to see what it could do for my 175's. So I bought it and am going to try it out. At this time I don't have a TON of money to throw at my truck for go fast goodies so I'm going to be stepping up each time when I'm ready. I'm going to do a stage one now then a hybrid and eventually a stage 2. I will have write-ups/reviews on each turbo once they go in for how they perform on my truck. Those will be separate threads though. Stay tuned this is going to get interesting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
flippy, floppies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.