Pcitures of stock exhaust? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pcitures of stock exhaust?

Hi,

I just bought a 2003 F-350 CC DRW 4x4 6.0L and the last part of the exhaust is missing. I have no clue if the previous owner played around with the exhaust and so I'm looking for pictures of the stock exhaust installed.
I know it's difficult to use one hand to lift the truck and the other to take a picture of the underside, but maybe someone has anything.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
04 cc 4x4 srw.....

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Premium Member

Thanks very much, southend!

May I ask for one more from the muffler to the tail pipe? It seems I'm not only missing the tail pipe, but the muffler, too
Old 09-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Premium Member

Here you go....

Your lucky, I had my spare tire out.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Premium Member

Thanks man! I owe you a beer. I know it's difficult to fulfill that promise, since I live in Germany, but I'll find a way
Old 09-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Premium Member

Lol, no problem man. Just sittin here drinkin coffee.....needin to clean up around the house.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

So, thanks to southend I know what's missing - pretty much everything, only a 20" piece of pipe after the stock cat is left. No issue for the German authorities obviously, because the car passed the vehicle/emissions inspection without all the stuff...
btw: the system in Germany is very different from the US, we have a mandatory vehicle & emissions inspection every two years and you can only make modifications to your rig which are allowed by the European laws. Very few... My truck pretty much came with a book of exceptions to these laws

Anyway, the issue now is that a decent cat back exhaust system in the US is about $500. Shipping to Germany is almost the same amount! Plus tax and customers and you end up paying $1500 for a $500 exhaust

I was wondering if anyone knows a service in the US that does international (vessel) shipping at a more reasonable rate? Usually I would ask some of my friends in San Diego to hand carry parts, but a complete exhaust might worry the airline staff
Old 09-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Find an exhaust off an old Panzer V and see if you can make it fit. .

Actually are there any custom shops in Germany that work on the big trucks? Scania trucks maybe? Surely there has to be something in Germany that is close and can be fabbed up or modified a little. Metric to US measurements can be fixed with a good welding shop.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Premium Member

Panzer V are quite rare... Tried the one from a Leopard 2, world's best tank, but the exhaust is so big, I could park the F-350 in there

No, seriously: I did exactly what you proposed. Found an aftermarket muffler from a European truck with a 3.5" pipe, a piece of 3.5" pipe extra and welded it all together - I learned decades ago how to weld.

Thanks anyway, will post pics soon.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What's is like owning something like that in Germany? Do you have to special order filters and everything? Are there more than I'd guess? Seems like it'd be a very rare truck anywhere in Europe. I'd have thought the emission laws would be more strict as to not allow the import. Although I know ford offered the 6.0 and 6.4 in total non emission versions (no egr, no dpf) at least in Saudi Arabia and other middle east oil field countries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.