EGR Delete issues in your state? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete issues in your state?

Getting ready to start an oil cooler/EGR project on my 04. Im debating whether I should delete the EGR and not worry about anything, or get the bulletproof functioning one and mostly not worry about anything.

The issue is that I would rather do the delete. However, because of my job, I move around a lot and i'm not sure if thats the best idea.

Those of you with deletes, what state are you in? Do they smog check? Have you had any issues? I know Cali does, but thats the one state I have a good opportunity of not living in.

Right now Im in Georgia, about to go to Arizona...I think I'd be good in those two.

I would rather do the delete, but will do the bulletproof if many of you guys had problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 06:47 PM

Do the delete I have never heard of anyone having any troubles I'm in il right by i55 and i80 work on alot of over the rd trucks never heard of any issues besides they needed stock cat...(I empty guts weld back in)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the response! Good to know.

Delete=1
Bulletproof=0

Old 08-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm in PA, it's illegal in any state to delete/tamper OEM emission equipment. With that said, it also depends on the shop/garage you go to. Some shops go by the book, some shops "overlook" emission mods.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
In Florida they don't check for anything emission related. I had my old truck tuned and deleted and the week after I had my new truck I had it tuned and the following week it was deleted as well.

What state is your truck registered in? If I were you I would just keep it registered in a state where you reside most that doesn't emission check and be done with it. A full EGR Delete is one of the all out best ways to improve the reliability and longevity of the 6.0!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm in Washington state and am in olympia and we don't have emissions check down here. I have mine deleted.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 08-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm in the Denver area and they do emissions here. I was worried the first time I took it in but the shop I took it to just ran it up to 70mph and that was it, didn't even look under the hood.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I live in WA State also but about 25 miles north of Seattle in Everett and they do emissions testing here. I have an 06 and cut the cat off and have still passed but i left the egr alone.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Smile

Wow...lots of good info.

Colorado Springs, Seattle area, are all possibilities for me, I think Im gonna do it and then keep my fingers crossed for wherever I end up after AZ. Looks like its highly dependent upon the shop that does it. Of course continuing to register my truck in Georgia (where its currently registered), might be a possibility (its due in November. I need to get this done quick!

I head out to Arizona in a couple of months and need to tow my other car and load up on some household goods for the 2000 mile trek! My Delta is about 15 right now, so I don't want to chance it. I don't want to have to worry about breaking down...especially in west texas between San Antonio and El Paso...I would probably shoot myself if that happened.

Oh...Im looking at the Sinister delete kit with cooler sold by MMK. Think that would be a good choice? I know they're all fairly similar. I haven't torn into the truck too much since I just bought it not too long ago. I've only done a brake sensor change...slip yoke lube...oil and fuel filter change...some electrical and gauge additions, etc. But Im fairly mechanical and can follow directions (if the ones supplied with the kit are worth anything). This, coupled with the fact that I have two weeks off coming up to do it, makes me want to give it a shot. If nothing else I'll learn alot about the truck, and get to drink some beers by my lonesome (the wife is already in AZ). If anyone is in the Augusta, GA area and wants to keep me company....Im all for it!

Old 09-01-2012, 09:35 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If your going to AZ... Unless you are going to live in Phoenix or Tucson(including the suburbs) there are no inspections or emission testing requirements. Just have to pay for your Registration... There will be an intial inspection when you get there if they are not already registered there, but it is literally a quick once-over... Headlights, horn, tail lights, etc...

So, moral of the story. Do it. Delete that stupid EGR function. And if you live in the Phoenix or Tucson area... Get a P.O. Box outside the area to recieve your registration in the mail then there will be no inspection requirements... Then again now that I think about it.. I believe Diesels are exempt in AZ.... But, don't quote me on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.