oil cooler parts list - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oil cooler parts list

I am looking to do a flush on my 06. Rock Hall shows the cooler o rings some what look to be o ring gaskets and a screen. Are these all the parts required for an oil cooler replacement. Is this a good choice or there other options that might be better including ford.

Thanks Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check out this sticky from Colo_dually it has all the part #s you'll need

Write Up: Bullet-Proofing the 6.0L PSD.

While your in there I would go ahead and replace all the updated Ford OEM parts and depending on how far you want to go Arp head studs and oem gaskets. I just order the IPR external oil cooler and high flow coolant filter, now all the coolant that flows through the oil cooler will be filtered. So hopfully no more clogged oil coolers.

A lot of people here use restore while flushing and changing over to elc, but personally I would not do that with a new oil cooler, use restore before you change the oil cooler because there has been a lot of people clogging oil coolers after a flush with restore. Imho of course
Old 08-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks snafu I was thinking of trying a flush without replacing the cooler but i guess not because i have no way to check my temps. I have been doing a lot of reading on the sites trying it catch up on this motor and have learned a lot in the past 2 wks. I guess I don't have a good understand about the blown head gasket problem is it a given that I will most likely have a blow head gasket sometime or is that something that happens because the oil cooler clogs and causes the egr cooler to blow causing head gasket problem.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Blown head gaskets are caused from either egr cooler failure or over boost and streching the stock tty bolts. If you are planning to tune the truck it is a good idea to add studs because if you are like me you will want more and more hp. If you are not planning to tune the truck then the tty bolts should be fine, but there has been some cases that the stock bolts stretch over time. If you keep up on the oil cooler and egr system.

The first thing you want to do is get a monitoring system weather it be a edge insight, dash boss, or analog gauges. This will be the most important thing monitor your engine so you know what is happening and get it fixed before it becomes an issue. There is also a really good sticky from colo_dually, lots of good info from him.

I have the edge insight cts and like it a lot, it will monitor just about ever parameter on your motor and then have the ability to expand it to read egt, fuel pressure, etc, etc. I wouldnt go swaping oil coolers unless you know it is bad or are planning to bullet proof. Hope this helps.

One more thing get rid of ford gold coolant, you don't need a monitor to know that it is bad. Lol
Old 08-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'll have to look into the edge unit I had seen people talking about the ae for 250.00 but I guess the laptop based system that they have now would be 400.00. I have 120,000 and have only change the coolant once at 65000. The only trouble I have towing when it is really hot is with the trans, won't lock up unless you use the gas peddle a little to help it shift or it will just wind up. I don't know what is giong on there I say lock up as away to describe what is going on. The guy that services the trans every 25-30,000 says there is never anything in the pan it just gets a little worse every year. Do you think I might get a code when it is doing this that is what they tell me it would take to figure it out.

06 f250 6.0 stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.