Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Neighbor toolbag

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  RRF985 
#1 ·
My neighbor got his 2007 6.0 towed in twice in the last week to some local crappy mechanic who guess what...doesn't know what he's doing. Both times the truck completely died. They put in a new cold side cac tube the first time :dunno: The second time they told him he was out of "gas" omfg :confused:

He cant remember if he ever changed the fuel filters, would jump start his truck every other week when he wants to drive it (has dead batteries), has Napa oil cap and filters...it goes on and on

Why I'm venting is my neighbor won't listen to me when I tell he needs to do maintenance and take it to a diesel shop that knows 6 liters....Performance Diesel in Green Bay. Next, I pull out my Edge CS from my truck and offer to check for codes and all the rest of it. He refuses. I bite my lip.

I'm done, Thanks for reading!

#4 ·
People like him drive the prices of the 6.0 down, helping the rest of us get better deals on a truck that has been taken care of. Although bad for trade in value, but I'm not planning on trading mine in.

#5 ·
Let ur neighbor find out the hard way. Just feel bad for his truck, almost makes one wanna break into his truck and install the correct filters and coolant flush lol

#6 ·
Ha ha, no kidding.

It's amazing, there are people like that in this world. It's one thing (although frustrating) when we're talking about a truck. But, there are people walking around, losing limbs from diseases like diabetes, and not able to control the crap that they are putting into their bodies despite that.

People are crazy. Sometimes their heads are in the sand.

#10 ·
That has to be super frustrating watching someone turn a good truck into a bad-running money pit. I like the idea of stealing it and performing all the maintenance... ha ha ha.

#11 ·
Whats worse is working for Ford and trying to tell these people maintenance is KEY and only ford filters, and so on. And yet they still dont listen and keep coming back with aftermarket crap filters and complaining how the truck is always down.

My boss wouldnt allow me to put the sign up i wanted (happened to be the same thing Ron White said) " Sorry we can NOT fix stupid".......

#12 ·
Lol, this is some funny chit. :D

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

#13 ·
That is really sad to hear. I can't imagine having a neighbor ***** to me about their truck, offer a solution, and for them to ignore the suggestions or the help and still continue to run the truck into the ground. I like the idea of stealing it and performing all the maintenance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.