Turbo oil leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo oil leak

Hey guys hoping to get some help on a oil leak I'm having with my turbo. Recently I had my head gaskets done and after I got it back I noticed I had a decent oil leak. I took it back to my mechanic and he found the issue to be the oil drain pipe that comes of the turbo and goes into the intake manifold was leaking from around the o-ring. Also I have a Aurora 3000 turbo and they use a different tube then the stock one. Anyways he determined that possibly the tube was bad so I went to ATS and picked up a new one. I noticed their new one was about 2 inches longer then my old one which is good because we were having a hell of time getting the old on because it was almost to short. So now after bringing it back to my mechanic twice and the last time he actually mounted the turbo differently I'm still getting a leak from the same place. I'm so done with it at this point I'm thinking about going back to the stock turbo to see if the problem is still there.My mechanic is saying its the crap aftermarket turbo doing this as he has never had a issue with the stock turbo doing this. Has anyone else had this issue or have any advice for me? Thanks guys and sorry for the long post.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No one??? Oh well I think I have made up my mind and I'm going to go with a Garret turbo, would like to try a turbo that's VGT(unlike the 3000 that is non vgt) I believe both Turbos are direct factory replacements so I shouldn't need any additional stuff, is this correct? Also I have a 03 so it looks like the 03 Garrets are different from the 04-07's? What are your guy's take on going to the Garrett from the 3000?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.