O'Reilly Global ATF - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 06:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
O'Reilly Global ATF

Not that I know anything else about it...but I noticed that O'Reilly's Global ATF gallon jugs had "suitable for Mercon SP/LV use" or something to that effect on the front label. Other fluids like ATF+4 Mopar and Dex VI were also listed.

Only problem was I can order genuine Motorcraft SP from O'Reillys cheaper per quart than what they are charging for their "Global ATF". I pointed that out to the store manager (as if he cares). I imagine the same would hold true for Mopar and GM fluids the Global also replaces. But I didn't check those prices.

What's special about SP anyway that makes it so unique? Whatever it is, O'Reilly seems to think it has a formula for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 10:16 AM

O'reilly's can order the SP for you and here in MI at a good price! Just ask them. I have been where you are and was told to NOT use the Global.

~Matt.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How many quarts does a drain and fill and inline filter change take?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Premium Member

About 8 quarts. Mine took that much. I drained my tranny into containers so I could measure the amount, and it was close to 8.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Premium Member

I would not use ANY fluid but sp or lv! A few years back I used one that claimed the same thing. My truck shifted terrible. I did half flush 2 days later then another one in a week or so. The tranny went back to normal after that.

Sent from my DROID Pro using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
How many quarts does a drain and fill and inline filter change take?
The transmission and torque converter and filters and cooler all hold around 20qts. What I did was drain the pain and drop it then swap the in pan filter. Reinstalled the pan and replaced the cartridge filter by the trans cooler. I then added 9qts of fluid and started the truck and let it run for about 5 mins so it would suck the new good fluid out of the pan and swap it with the fluid in the torque converter and lines. Then I drained and refilled again. Thats the best way to do it if you don't want to do a heated flush at the dealership for $300.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdriven2liv View Post
About 8 quarts. Mine took that much. I drained my tranny into containers so I could measure the amount, and it was close to 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
The transmission and torque converter and filters and cooler all hold around 20qts. What I did was drain the pain and drop it then swap the in pan filter. Reinstalled the pan and replaced the cartridge filter by the trans cooler. I then added 9qts of fluid and started the truck and let it run for about 5 mins so it would suck the new good fluid out of the pan and swap it with the fluid in the torque converter and lines. Then I drained and refilled again. Thats the best way to do it if you don't want to do a heated flush at the dealership for $300.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:52 AM

I already ordered my Motorcraft SP a while ago from them. It's all I'd use, and besides it's cheaper per quart than their house brand. I was just pointing out it's one of the few I've seen which at least says it's SP/LV suitable. Whether it works well or not I don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.