Fuel Additive Again... I have searched and read over and over. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Additive Again... I have searched and read over and over.

Hi All,
I hate to bring up something that seems to have been beaten over and over, but I still have questions. I currently dont run a fuel additive, and am beginning to realize I am probably making a mistake by not using it. My question though is what to run. Every time I search this, there is a new brand and new questions. I have looked into the Motorcraft PM-22-A, Howes Meaner Power Kleener, Stanadyne. I am hoping there is a one stop for cetane booster and lubricity adder. My wife drives the truck much more than I do, so 9 times out of 10 she is pumping the fuel. I would prefer it if she only had to add one thing instead of mixing. Any definitive conclusions would be appreciated. Any thoughts on the treatments I added? I see them come up the most in my searches. Thanks for you input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
6.4 fuel additive questions

Read post #10, i know its in the 6.4 section, but it gives you all the answers you need
Old 08-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i run ashless 2 stroke oil in my fuel and the truck seams too like it. i dont get any better mpg's but i will tell you that it seams to start much better and run smoother when cold compaired to the diesel kleen that i was running previously.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I use a quart of 2cycle at every fiil up. It seems to me, that since all we can buy is low-sulfer diesel now, that the 2cycle oil adds lubrication back to the fuel. my truck seems to run quieter, and start easier. I still occasionally use the power service additive too.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for your help everyone. I think I know what I am going to do. One other note, has anyone ever heard of Flashlube? It comes out of Australia. I dont plan to use it, but just wondering if anyone else has. I stopped at a performance shop today and they offered Flashlube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.