Sold my 315-60-20's today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sold my 315-60-20's today

After having my new Toyo Open Country M/T/s on my truck for a few months now i decided to sell them. I loved the look of the Toyos but could stand the fuel mileage. I was getting 9-10 MPG around town and that crap got old quick. I knew i was going to lose mpg but not that much. I put the stock size tires back on in Nittos and so far i love it. It doesnt look as tough, but computer is already showing 15 around town. I know its not dead on accurate but it looks better. Truck accelrates faster, doesnt sway as bad and stops alot better, so all in all im happy now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

So many people probably have forgotten how nice their trucks drive with OE sized equipment on them..lol

Now, if the aftermarket companies could build an aftermarket suspension that doesnt lift the truck....id be kicking their door down for a better engineered coil spring/rear leaf setup. The Carli's ride incredible, but lifting my truck and running bigger tires isnt practical for the application of my truck, nor is the added fuel bill. Im already spending 7-8k a year on fuel alone.

Jason
Old 08-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonY View Post
So many people probably have forgotten how nice their trucks drive with OE sized equipment on them..lol

Now, if the aftermarket companies could build an aftermarket suspension that doesnt lift the truck....id be kicking their door down for a better engineered coil spring/rear leaf setup. The Carli's ride incredible, but lifting my truck and running bigger tires isnt practical for the application of my truck, nor is the added fuel bill. Im already spending 7-8k a year on fuel alone.

Jason
FWIW I talked to Carli this week and they are getting ready to do a leveling kit for the 03-07's with the King dampers in both 2.0 or 2.5 diameter.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:23 PM

Uuuuugh..do not want level. Looks like crap for anyone that actually uses their rigs. California lift = fail

Whats so hard about keeping them truck at stock height and put a nice riding suspension under it?

Jason
Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonY View Post
Uuuuugh..do not want level. Looks like crap for anyone that actually uses their rigs. California lift = fail

Whats so hard about keeping them truck at stock height and put a nice riding suspension under it?

Jason
I agree. I kinda liked the way my truck stood before i put my "little" lift on (only added 1.5in in back and 1 in front) but its still at a very usable height and doesnt kill mileage that bad. but the ride is horrible....
Old 08-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Have you looked at this?
King Shocks Part 25001-222 - OEM Performance Coil Over Shock Kit for 0"-3.5" Lift Kits
Old 08-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
We're doing a 2.5" leveling kit for the 2005+ trucks. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but we lift the trucks because it extends travel and performance and allows us to engineer a suspension far superior to the OEM suspension. The king kit above loses travel over stock if the coilovers are set to 0; ours gains nearly 4" of travel over stock on a 2.5" lift. You do not lose any payload capacity either.

FYI: Carli Leveling Kit Sneak Peak!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:30 PM

Its just i have a trailer hooked 5 days a week and it loads me down to level, so if i add anything to the front it'll look terrible.

I'd also rather not deal with air bags either to keep my truck level. I'd rather not alter the trucks stance at all since it'll throw off the headlights, looks, the trailers existing hitch height, etc.

For reference:

Thats how i sit loaded, despite the tire gap being different f/r the truck itself sits level.

Jason

Last edited by JasonY; 08-23-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:24 AM

put me in there with Jason, better ride same stance, stock height. if you can prove greater travel on a ramp i might live with an inch or two. me I don't feel any need to compensate for anything with my truck. its not a smart car, but it haul my camper and if it costs me fuel mileage, its going to have to show me some other real benefit before i drop the coin.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:30 PM

I'll just add more fuel to my fire for feeling this way, heres two more pictures of my truck loaded with normal loads, the two heavily modded often broken cars. Each are around 3800lbs and the trailer is about 2k, so maybe 6k total weight, loads the truck down to level again, how hilarious would it look to see a ford SD dragging is rear down the road with a little sports coupe on a trailer behind it?

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.