SCT tuner...now won't start? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT tuner...now won't start?

I ordered the Looney Wild for my truck last night and she asked for my transmission strategy, which I didn't have because I've never had a tuner ask for before. So I went out to get it and when I went back out later to start it, it'd just crank, no start.

I put my SPD tune on it, nothing. Put my stock file back on it, nothing. Called SCT today and got a new stock file from them, nothing. Changed the oil cause it needed it anyway, nothing. FICM is a 58V from Swamps, Insight says 48V which is normal. ICP voltage is 0.2 KOEO, is around 1.6V cranking.

Fresh out of ideas, think it might have to take a ride to the dealership, which is the last thing I want. So I put it before you guys, any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Troubleshooting a No-Start condition
Old 08-19-2012, 06:31 PM

Fixed it! Did some more searching/reading about how to use Autoenginuity for diagnosing last night. When it first looked at codes this morning, it came up with a code for the camshaft position sensor (CMP) which was a first. Then did data logging while cranking to check the following:
ICP PSI - 1573.78 PSI
ICP PSI desired - 1574.9 PSI
ICP V - 1.98V
ICP regulator % - 48.05%
engine RPM - 193 RPM
CMP and CKP sync....all zeroes

So I attempted to pulled the CMP...and broke it off in the block. So three hours, two trips to Home Depot, a tiny cordless screwdriver, and many different types of screws later, I had it out and replaced. Started right up!

I thought I'd post all of this so anyone having a similar problem hopefully can search and find this. Hope it can help someone
Old 08-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow. You don't see this too often. An Original poster posting how they fixed their no start issue. Great Job man
Old 08-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thanks for the resolution follow up! Glad u got it working.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:39 PM

I stopped trying to use the forum search engines because they don't seem to work that well. I like to use google and just type in key words for what I'm looking for plus powerstroke 6.0 and it brings up threads from different forums that are related. After spending hours upon hours researching different things on my truck, I've found it's really rare to find a follow up to problems which kind of makes them worthless.

This forum is by far my favorite and it's because of the members that comprise it so here is me trying to give back for all the help I've received here. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cpm, no start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.