HHO kit on a 6.0? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
HHO kit on a 6.0?

Anyone hooked up a HHO kit yet on a 6.0? I see them on the 7.3 on you tube.. guy gains 2-3mpgs using it. I'm starting to get intrigued by the HHO kits.. and thinking about building my own. Seems straight forward with HHO dumping in just past the air filter/ behind the MAF.. would then be compressed by the turbo and intercooled pushed into motor. Comments??

HHO= Hydrogen fuel cell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 02:08 PM

i've been so intrigued with this HHO thing all day.. seriously seems like it could work to improve power and economy.. but looking for input from everyone else.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK...
I will bite.
Where can I get more info on this ?

Joe
Old 08-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Many guys don't believe in them.... Im not one of those people
Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 PM

it would seem that hydrogen being extremely combustable.. burning more complete and cleaner would create the power and increase in mpg's...

kinda like a water meth kit? or propane injection... but without the need for nozzles just tap in behind MAF or infront and let the turbo/engine vacuum pull it in...

Youtube HHO f350 7.3L that dude is running one and he hand calcs the gains. sloppy setup in the bed.. but it works
Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Premium Member

These don't work or they would be on every vehicle made. Auto makers spend millions on squeezing every ounce of power and economy they can out of vehicles they make to meet EPA mandates. Think about it, your using electric power to produce hydrogen, the electric power is produced by your very inefficient engine that spews out the vast majority of its energy out the tailpipe and into the coolant. If everything ran at 100% effieciency then yah it would work. Save your money for something other then "snake oil" crap like this.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Last edited by Term3; 08-15-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
And..... shabam

Sorry I was waiting for that...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Premium Member

I'm not trying to dump on you at all bud. I would love to spend a few hundred to squeeze out a few miles per gallon out of my truck. It just drives me nuts when these companies make claims of substantial increases in fuel economy that they "say" have been "independantly tested and proven", yah but not by any acredited independent labs it hasn't. Then in the fine print there is ALWAYS an escape clause that gives them an out if you spend a crap load of money on their gizmo and complain that you don't get the results that they advertise. Those customers that bought the gizmo and say they did improved their fuel economy I'll guaranty you if a lab tested their vehicle with and without the gizmo on that there would be no difference and if there was it would be LESS fuel economy with the gizmo on because it consumes energy which basically comes out of your fuel tank. These companies mottos are "There's a sucker born every minute". When car companies spot some new technology that really works and can help them sell their product they will jump all over it and spend a CRAP load of money to buy out that technology so they can own the patent to make a SUPER CRAP load of money.

Last edited by Term3; 08-15-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
I'm not trying to dump on you at all bud. I would love to spend a few hundred to squeeze out a few miles per gallon out of my truck. It just drives me nuts when these companies make claims of substantial increases in fuel economy that they "say" have been "independantly tested and proven", yah but not by any acredited independent labs it hasn't. Then in the fine print there is ALWAYS an escape clause that gives them an out if you spend a crap load of money on their gizmo and complain that you don't get the results that they advertise. Those customers that bought the gizmo and say they did improved their fuel economy I'll guaranty you if a lab tested their vehicle with and without the gizmo on that there would be no difference and if there was it would be LESS fuel economy with the gizmo on because it consumes energy which basically comes out of your fuel tank. These companies mottos are "There's a sucker born every minute". When car companies spot some new technology that really works and can help them sell their product they will jump all over it and spend a CRAP load of money to buy out that technology so they can own the patent to make a SUPER CRAP load of money.

^Agree

Law of Conservation of Energy- new energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcris View Post
^Agree

Law of Conservation of Energy- new energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred.
Only for the sake of arguement... and because scientific theories have always been fun...

Now i may be misunderstanding the HHO system and how it works.. BUT if i do understand it to be correct... you could actually use a water meth system and run a small nozzel to dispurse 100% water rather than they typical 40% meth 60% water mix.

Now this would decrease egts. Now for the scientific portion of my argument..

to create ignition (standard ignition, not diesel ignition) you will need three things. Spark, Fuel, and oxygen.

water in its purest form will have the molecular compisition of two parts hydrogen to one part oxygen. this one part oxygen would aid in the combustion of the fuel, while the hydrogen would aid in keeping the egts lower than the control varible by thermal/ phase transfer.

Can anyone elaborate further for why this in principle would not work? the snow kits are tested and proven to have economy gains as far as i know. Granted the gains are realistically not as large as 3 mpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.