From OBS 7.3 to 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
From OBS 7.3 to 6.0

Hey all,

I just got back from looking at a 2004 XLT 6.0 and I went ahead and bought it. The guy wanted $12k for it so I bit the bullet and said ok. The only things wrong with it are the driver side fender needs painted and the bed has holes in it from when the guy before the guy I bought it from had it converted into a dually, so looks like I have some welding to do. It already has a full EGR delete on it which I was very happy to hear. Has 165k miles on it. However there is ZERO rust on it, which was a huge thing considering I live in the rust belt. I test drove it and it was pretty nice, good power and no hesitations or misses. He seemed to take good care of it. It currently has a superchips with it which will get tossed directly and replaced with a CTS with tunes from Bill at PHP. I also have a 4 gauge set from glow shift in my 7.3 which I will move over to the 6.0.

It looks almost identical to my dads 03 lariat, so I'm pretty excited!

Do you guys think I got a good deal at $12k?

Figured I would throw up a couple of pics and join the 6.0 owners!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'll say you got a ok deal cuz I don't wanna ruin your mood...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-14-2012, 07:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's a good looking truck!

I'd skip tunes for the CTS. Go with an SCT with custom tunes and a CTS Insight to monitor with. Your trans will thank you.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
I'll say you got a ok deal cuz I don't wanna ruin your mood...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Hey at least your being honest! However I know the driver side looks terrible right now, but I really don't think its to bad, I can fix that up pretty good without much cost. Mainly just paint is what will cost me. But thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRF985 View Post
That's a good looking truck!

I'd skip tunes for the CTS. Go with an SCT with custom tunes and a CTS Insight to monitor with. Your trans will thank you.
Really? You don't think Bill's tranny tuning isn't great? I know he can custom tune the CTS as well. He advertises it on his sight.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:19 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anschutz1913 View Post
Really? You don't think Bill's tranny tuning isn't great? I know he can custom tune the CTS as well. He advertises it on his sight.
I was under the impression that the Edge devices do not have the capability to do trans tuning. Perhaps I am wrong.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRF985 View Post
I was under the impression that the Edge devices do not have the capability to do trans tuning. Perhaps I am wrong.
Hmmmm, I'm not sure. Sounds like I will have to ask Bill that question. I will find out and post on here what he says about that. If they don't support tranny tuning then thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:55 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
youre not selling the OBS are you???? lol and nice buy
Old 08-15-2012, 07:51 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think you got a good deal. Painting the fender isn't a big deal and it's a good looking truck. I'll bet money once you get a good custom tune on it that the OBS will get driven less and less. It's hard to step out of a properly tuned 6.0 into a OBS 7.3 and not be missing the power and driveability of the 6.0. That's speaking from experience.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red '97 View Post
youre not selling the OBS are you???? lol and nice buy
I think I am going to sell it here in a couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
I think you got a good deal. Painting the fender isn't a big deal and it's a good looking truck. I'll bet money once you get a good custom tune on it that the OBS will get driven less and less. It's hard to step out of a properly tuned 6.0 into a OBS 7.3 and not be missing the power and driveability of the 6.0. That's speaking from experience.
I hear ya, I have driven my dads 03 6.0 and it is a beast to say the least.
But I will have to admit, my old 7.3 with all the mods and money thrown into it is a absolute monster, better running than my dads 03 even. But unfortunately I can't afford to keep fixing it anymore. I had big plans for it and gathered up a LOT of parts to keep on building on it but I can't get it to stay running long enough to do any of the work I wanted. This last time it just blew apart the HPOP into a million pieces in my engine valley.

I will prolly list it for sale in the next couple of months. I have a whole new body for it even, including a southern rust free bed that is in mint condition along with southern rust free fenders in mint condition. I have tons of spare parts for it too, like 2 spare turbo's, spare alternators, water pump, starter, etc. So I'm just going to keep it off the road and fix it up then sell it and try and recover some of the money I have into it. I hate to see it go cause I have had it a long time but I can't afford 2 diesel trucks. Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.