EGR Cooler already upgraded? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
EGR Cooler already upgraded?

Does the stock EGR cooler system have the short blue piece of rubber tubing installed, or would having that mean someone already put an improved EGR cooler on my truck? The cooler is definately there, just wondering if that blue tubing means it would be an aftermarket cooler. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
US Army Infantry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All American Dirtbag

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie Longhorn 4x4 6.7L
Sold: 2004 F-250 CCSB 4x4 6.0L

My "Other Diesel" M2A2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle
Mods: 25mm Cannon, TOW missle, 7.62mm Coaxial Machine Gun

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well you can't really tell unless you pull it off and look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
post #3 of 9 Old 08-14-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, I figured as much. You know the tubing Im talking about? The one that connects the EGR Cooler to the oil cooler coolant tube? I guess if it is aftermarket tubing, it could have just been replaced to fix a leak. No way of knowing. Dumb question.

US Army Infantry

All American Dirtbag

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie Longhorn 4x4 6.7L
Sold: 2004 F-250 CCSB 4x4 6.0L

My "Other Diesel" M2A2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle
Mods: 25mm Cannon, TOW missle, 7.62mm Coaxial Machine Gun

post #4 of 9 Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
No dumb questions,just dumb mistakes. On 03's the original hose was red or orange( i'm color blind) and they did a change to a new blue hose. I don't know if this was 03 only or on all years.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-14-2012, 10:35 PM

My 03 had a blue hose on it

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
post #6 of 9 Old 08-15-2012, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The only thing that the blue hose tells you is that the hose was changed out. Doesn't mean anything regarding the cooler itself.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter; High-Idle;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax trans case;Fumoto valves;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's; BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL;ELC Ultra
post #7 of 9 Old 08-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The newer OEM hose is blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EGR Cooler Hose.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	41860  

2006 F-450 XLT 4x4 Auto 4.30L Alcoa 19.5" 16,000 GVWR
Kelderman 4-Link/4-Bag Rear Suspension, Lariat Seats, '08 Console, '11 Mirrors, CTS, SCT X3
ARP's w/OEM HG, BPD 6ph FICM @ 58v, BPD Oil Cooler w/stat, Ported Intake, 185 amp Alt
P-Max w/WPE billet wheel, Spearco IC, 4" Banks Exhaust, Shell T6, Zerex EC-1, Oil bypass filter

49,000 miles

Last edited by Arctic Fox; 08-15-2012 at 07:42 AM.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The blue hose came out (from Ford) in 2006 I believe. The original OEM hose was orange as Len said.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter; High-Idle;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax trans case;Fumoto valves;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's; BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL;ELC Ultra
post #9 of 9 Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Premium Member

Artic Fox, I see your heads are milled. Do you know how much they removed. I am in the process of starting the head gaskets. Going to use oem gasket and studs. I am also thinking of going to use BPD egr cooler. I have a new oil/egr cooler on it now. I do have a delete that I am toying with.

04 F550
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode