Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0L help needed asap please

914 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lenzhotrod 
#1 ·
we have a 2003 F350 with a 6.0 that is toast locked up tight we can not find a used 03-04 motor anywhere local

we found a 2005 F250 with a 6.0L but we were told the 03 and 04 were the same engine number and 05 06 07 were the same engine number... they can not confirm if they will interchange

so will they still interchange?
what needs to be done to put the 05 motor in the 03?
will the computer and sensors be the same?

#2 ·
Depends what you want. I assume your 03 motor has ICP under the turbo and your newer engine has the ICP on the valve cover. You can take the newer engine and install it comlpete(intake,EGR cooler,HPOP,branchpipe) and just extend your ICP harness. You may be able to plug the main harness into yours as is. It would take alot more work to swap the old style parts to the newer engine. The hardest part would be the swap of maybe the HPOP branch tube, and for sure the rockerbox to use the log style oil rails.Computer and sensors should work.

#4 ·
The HPOP parts are something I just learned about. I have a set of wavey rail I was going to use on my 03 that has the log style, but was told that I needed to also change out the rocker boxes and maybe hpop branch tubes. The intake,EGR cooler, exhaust branch I can tell you from experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.