Question about DTC codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question about DTC codes

Last fall my EGR cooler failed so I had it deleted and replaced the oil cooler as well. I bought a CTS a few weeks ago and I have persistent DTC codes P0403, P0404 and P1000. Ive read not to worry about the P1000 and I know the P0403 and 0404 are EGR related so are they there because of the EGR delete?

I had one other code for under boost, P0299, last week but after reading here the likely cause was sticky vanes I started driving the dog pi$$ out of it. After a few LONG DEEP rolls into the trottle, she actually seems a bit more responsive and not so laggy at highway speeds. The most boost I have seen in my WOT runs has been 28 psi and I also monitor the VGT duty cycle and it moves from 15% to 85%, 15% getting into it and usually anywhere from 50% to 85% while at highway speeds. There doesnt seem to be much rhyme or reason to the VGT when cruising . Anyway I cleared the P0299 code and its gone for now. If it comes back Ill guess Ill start thinking about having the turbo cleaned. In the mean time I plan on following so many of ya'lls advice...drive it like I stole it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds good.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You dont have to beat on your truck, just open her up once, twice or anytime you pull next to a cummins a week
Old 08-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your EGR codes will continue until you get a programer like SCT to turn it off. The PCM is seeing readings that make no sense to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.