Wrecked the King Ranch, Advice please... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Wrecked the King Ranch, Advice please...

Today was not a good day for me. I had just dropped off my daughter at my in-laws so that I could get ready to go to work for the night. I am thankful that she was not with me! Thank god I am okay! I am leaving the details out until the insurance adjuster looks at it, but it wasn't my fault. I have only had the truck for seven months and it only has 37000 miles on it. I just would like some input from you folks about how bad the damage is. Whether it is fixable and to the extent of the repairs. I did not get to look under the hood after they got it pulled out but I know the radiator, trans cooler, and probably the intercooler are junk. Didn't look like the frame was tweaked but I'm not 100% on that. Passenger side bed, passenger side cab near the top and all the front end were the only areas impacted. I think the front fenders are ok.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Premium Member


 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,441
Thanks: 18
Thanked 137 Times in 118 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Geez bud, glad you're okay. Sorry about the truck though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: IOWA
Posts: 2,542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
Glad your alright. The trucks done. unless somehow it didn't bend the frame
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,127
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdengineer View Post
Today was not a good day for me. I had just dropped off my daughter at my in-laws so that I could get ready to go to work for the night. I am thankful that she was not with me! Thank god I am okay! I am leaving the details out until the insurance adjuster looks at it, but it wasn't my fault. I have only had the truck for seven months and it only has 37000 miles on it. I just would like some input from you folks about how bad the damage is. Whether it is fixable and to the extent of the repairs. I did not get to look under the hood after they got it pulled out but I know the radiator, trans cooler, and probably the intercooler are junk. Didn't look like the frame was tweaked but I'm not 100% on that. Passenger side bed, passenger side cab near the top and all the front end were the only areas impacted. I think the front fenders are ok.



Glad to hear your ok brother!

If the frame isn't tweaked I'd keep it. If its off at all let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003kingranch View Post
Glad your alright. The trucks done. unless somehow it didn't bend the frame
That was my first thought but didn't know for sure. I forgot to mention that its a 2007. So if it is totaled, would it be worthwhile to consider buying back from the insurance company and repairing it, or does it belong in a salvage yard now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glad you're ok, if the axles are good, they would make for a nice rock crawler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sucks too man, I just finished installing a set of Firestone air springs two weeks ago... gotta get my batteries out of it too. Just bought those last month! On another note, I can't believe looking at the damage, the airbags did not deploy. Dang seat belt worked great though, will be pretty sore for a few days!

Last edited by mfdengineer; 08-06-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: IOWA
Posts: 2,542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdengineer View Post
That was my first thought but didn't know for sure. I forgot to mention that its a 2007. So if it is totaled, would it be worthwhile to consider buying back from the insurance company and repairing it, or does it belong in a salvage yard now?
If the frame is not bent or is reparable, and it is totaled i would buy it back. you'll have a salvaged title. which will screw you when you sell it, (and check to see if your insurance company will insure a salvaged vehicle, most wont anymore). if it needs a full frame i would say its not worth it. by the looks of the photo id say both frame rails are bent in. you would be suprized though on some of the totally mangled car/trucks we have fixed. only way you will know is when someone writes an estimate for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Premium Member



 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 17,933
Thanks: 74
Thanked 117 Times in 108 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sorry to hear that... we have always drove rebuilt titled cars

Btw, this truck is the first vehicle of mine with a clean title lol

And i bought it at an auction with engine problems hehe



Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rosenberg/Baytown TX
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looking at the passenger tow hook I'd suspect frame damage. Sucks to see man but good thing youre ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
f250, king ranch, wrecked

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors