F'n MAD... back in the shop! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 08:14 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F'n MAD... back in the shop!

some of you might remember my "white smoke after sct" post about a month back, i took it to the stealership where they "replaced" the EGR valve and EGR cooler (had it for 7 days), drove it 45 miles home, still smoking, and how even worse.. They tell me to drive it for a couple days, could be residual coolant burning off... so im heading back work, and HIT A DEER, actually it was a fawn, and ran into the side of my truck, minor damage (fender, dent on door) so i take it into my progressive location, get a rental.. go w/out it for a week, get it back yesterday @4pm, get on the highway to go home, get off the highway and notice my truck is smoking like a forrest fire... get to my house, my neighbors are coming out thinking somthing is on fire, so i say a few choice words, go inside and call a new Dealership.. turns out service manager is my neighbor, took it in last night. Got a call just now the turbo's bad they think, and it should be done tonight... Im fearing it's the head gaskets, but i could definatly smell oil burning in that cloud of smoke, so my fingers are crossed it was the turbo... It just really erk's me to spend over 40k on a truck, and already have it in the shop THREE times w/in 38k miles.... I hate to say it, but i regret/knew better than to get a 6 liter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Sorry to hear about your bad luck - wish I had words of wisdom to help. Not all the 6.0's have problems though, trust me I know.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Conservative and Proud

So sorry man!!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sorry to hear that dude... I have to agree with Alan here in that the '05 and up 6.0s are good motors... This is not to say that a bad one doesn't make it's way out of International from time to time... I've put 23k on mine with mostly city driving and occasionally pulling my 5th wheel (somewhere between 11 and 12 thousand lbs) with only a dirty EGR once...

Hopefully they get the correct parts fixed and you'll simply forget the issues you've had to this point...

Ken....
Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
how is the deer hit the trucks fault??? I can understand being mad at the dealership for not fixing it right the first time.... but the deer hit shouldn't factor into your thinking the truck is regretable...

bummer about the engine troubles -- but at least its under warranty! always a silver lining
Old 10-11-2007, 10:55 AM

the deer has nothing to do with it, it just was the cherry on top by being in the body shop for 7 days... The new dealership called and said its ready, and problem looks like its fixed, so my fingers are crossed...In the past month the truck has been in my posession 8 days, also just words of wisdom for anyone in/around oklahoma... STAY AWAY FROM BOB HOWARD DOWNTOWN FORD, i bought my truck from them and it was a nightmare, then thier service department broke it off in my ***, and i have my suspecions they didnt even touch the truck when it was there for SEVEN DAYS to fix egr. I took it to Reynolds ford this time, and couldnt be happier so far!!

Last edited by random hero; 10-11-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
OHHHH - you're in Oklahoma!!!

dude -- first of all -- check out this > MEET? >> Oct 13 or 14???

I hear you about the deer bud -- it just tops it all off and pisses you off. Hopefully Reynolds will get you hooked up and all fixed

And dude, see if you can make it to Stillwater this weekend

if the truck is down - ride with Clay
Old 10-11-2007, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to gtdan01
Sorry to hear man I just went through this, except I did all the work since my truck is out of warranty. Turbo started to leak down the exhaust and when I would sit at a light or leave one there were clouds of smoke, it sucked. Hope you get it fixed.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:27 PM

UPDATE: TRUCK IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!! thank god for reynolds ford, those guys are on the ball and get stuff done, took them 1/2 day to get new turbo on my truck and get it back to me, finally runs right! I'll see if i cant make it to the meet this weekend
Old 10-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well, i was agreeing with Blue about the dear and getting mad about the whining...

but now im glad you got the truck fixed and with a seemingly good dealer...
hope you can make it to Stillwater this weekend..

(where in OK are you?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.