Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Any Performance Diesel Shop's (6.0 Friendly) In Tampa Bay area?

15K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  fishintheobx 
#1 · (Edited)
In the event; when it happens and I need to do Head studs and Head Gasket's. Does anyone have an recommendations in the Tampa Area?

#2 ·
I'm looking for the same thing. I'm in South County. Interested in finding someone that can do general repairs, as well as a history of satisfied customers who they've bulletproofed. Two shops keep coming up in my search:

6.0 Powerstroke Diesel Repair - Home
Has a lot of videos on Youtube of trucks they've worked on. Plus has references to bulletproofing on their website.

Greg Lane Automotive | Tampa, FL 33610
Seems to be an ex-Ford mechanic. Not much info.

Any experiences with these 2, or others in the area?

#5 ·
Yeah that's about 20 mins up 301 from me. May have to stop in and check him out this week.

What work are you getting done?

#7 ·
He said he uses OEM Ford Head Gasket's at that shop. He has a $50hr flat rate.
His quotes:
EGR delete is $1k
* This includes labor and purchasing the EGR delete kit. Taking the turbo off and cleaning it and do something other preventative maintenance to include complete oil change and coolant flush.

Head Gasket with ARP's is $3500 and that includes the part's as well.

I'm having an issue with ICP/HPOP side of the truck. The truck is being towed up there.

#8 ·
Interesting... Let us know how it works out.

I'm going to stop up there Tuesday and talk to him. I'm having a hot-start issue every now and then with my truck ('05 Excursion, '04 engine), and no power off a stop below 1500 RPM. Not sure if I've got an HPOP or FICM problem going on...

#9 ·
I've met Joe before, and actually just talked with him this morning. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about and had a bunch of 6.0's in his shop. Like I said, I wouldn't hesitate to take my vehicle to him.

I also asked my friend about his availability for side work, and he has some free time if anyone is looking for another option. He's honest, he does great work, and he's reasonably priced.

#16 ·
He's the guy fishinthebox posted in the first link. I haven't personally used him, but he has a good reputation in the area. I've met him a couple of times and would feel comfortable leaving my truck with him. He knew what he was talking about and had a lot of trucks in the shop at the time I was there.

#17 ·
Just left Joe's new shop. He is doing my studs, delete, and OEM HGs They do them cab off now. He knows what he is doing and honors his warranty if you do have issues. My buddy had his 6.0 bulletproofed a few months ago and blew an IPR screen a few weeks later. Joe drove across town and fixed my buddies truck in a circle K parking lot. Try and get the local dealership to do that for you! :)

#18 ·
Any update? How was your experience with Joe and his pricing? I've been meaning to visit him for the past 6 months. Well, fully loaded towing the boat up to Crystal River last week I puked a little bit of coolant. So it's time to take this seriously!

On another note, was talking to a friend that took his 6.0 to JSJ Off-Road in Bradenton / Sarasota for oil cooler and EGR delete. Was very happy with the service, price, and work done. In fact, his new cooler plugged up and they backflushed him a few more times no charge.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/JSJ-Extreme-4x4/217850018258652

#20 ·
Fwiw, contact KT Performance. Kenny can at least lead anyone in the right direction.
Not trying to belittle your point here, but on 2 occasions I have called KT in the middle of the day to discuss shipping on some parts I needed (ie: I needed same-day shipment). Both times I got a recording, and the one time I left a message nobody called back.

On this topic I'd rather hear about real-world experience. Does Kenny have that?

#22 ·
Twisted Metal offroad.

#23 ·
They did my shocks and RAS system last month. Good work, on-time as promised, price was a little high. They charge $200 for a 6.0 oil change. Asked about head-studs, EGR delete, and new oil cooler...their price is $4600.

#26 ·
$4200 on full stud kit at big 3 diesel repair Tampa 6.0 joe's new shop

https://www.facebook.com/Big3DieselRepairLLC
Yeah...I was in there Friday talking to them and gave me the same price. Was pretty clear, starts at $4200...can go up from there if other problems are found. However, the list of what they do is pretty long. You can find the list here: Big 3 Diesel Repair - About Us
I was in to check prices on getting new oil cooler and EGR delete...his price was $1800 and included all fluids and filters and parts.

#25 ·
I live in sarasota which is about an hour south of tampa I heard about the big three diesel repairs they seem to do good work from what I heard they built a pretty awesome ford fummins there

#27 ·
Yeah...he's pretty proud of it too! Was sitting in the garage when I was there and he fired it up. Has one hell of a stack on it!

#28 ·
Yes it very impressive it make over 500hp one day I want to be in that club I would love to drive that truck haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.