Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

what should i do... :/

510 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Got Diesel? 
#1 ·
so im trying to fix my truck.. it wont start.. so i decided to take the valve covers off and replace the o rings in the oil rail system. while taking the bolts/studs out i notice one of the studs was loose compared to the rest of them. it was the one that holds the ficm bracket in the rear if youre facing fire wall the stud im talking is the the one on right. will when i got it out i notice a very little bit of metal at the end of the bolt well i go to put everything back together and the stud gets almost hand tight then pops and gets loose again so i back out the stud look at threads and threds are good so i put it back in and same thing .. i was thinking about getting a helicoil but how would i ever get the hole drilled out.. any other thoughts?

#2 ·
last person that would have had the valves off would have been ford when they did the studs... unless you dont need to take off vlaves

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.