SOBX's Build Thread - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 07:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SOBX's Build Thread

Mods, please move this if it is in the wrong spot.

So, I have been following this forum for quite a while, but only recently joined. About me, I am currently serving in the Army at Ft Carson. I have been in for almost 8 years and seem to be stuck in a rut as far as my career, but that is neither here nor there. I am from Eastern NC (Cape Banker, MOMIKED, and "My Lord Honey" are all part of my every day vocabulary). I grew up off shore game fishing, salt water fly fishing, and riding horses. I don't like dingbatters or dit-dots. People that have "salt life" stickers on their windows are posers and don't even get me started on those da*n "local" stickers!

My truck: 2006 F350 SRW, CC, FX4, XLT with 230,000 miles. It is bone stock for now, but my immediate plans are a leveling kit, 35's on stock wheels, and some bags in the rear. Long term, an engine swap is in order, but rest assured that it will be bulletproofed and monitored. No performance except for an Edge CTS, intake, and exhaust. The exterior is a bit rough, so I think a Rhino paint job will fix that.

The interior is in the same shape with rips in the drivers seat which will be replaced with either a cloth seat or an entire tan leather interior. I would like to put in a navigation head unit (double-din) with a backup camera and some engine monitoring if possible. I don't do audio, stock is fine for me, so don't expect tons of base and expensive speaker boxes.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know! I am an awesome aircraft mechanic and have quite a bit of diesel experience, so I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibility.

I look forward to getting to know y'all and maybe even meeting some of you in person. I come from a pretty big Jeep family, so meet and greets are big with them. Maybe a "suds and grub" one weekend would be a nice way to break the ice Also, anyone that knows the good fly fishing spots ... feel free to PM me anytime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 02:47 PM

New Direction

Well, it has been a while since I updated this post. For starters, I just recently got my truck running again (stand pipes and dummy plugs). I also had a hole in my charge air line, so that was replaced also. Other than that, I haven't done any upgrades.

As for my new direction, this is what I have in mind. I want to make a set of roadarmor-style bumpers. For the front, I want to run Rigid D2's off of the factory wiring harness and be able to mount a Smittybilt X20 15,000lb winch. The reason I like this winch is because I had the X20 8,000lb winch on my Jeep and submerged it quite a few times with no issues. It will have Viking Off Road synthetic line for safety concerns.

For the rear, I want to recess some Rigid Dually diffused, retain my parking sensors, flush mount a 2" receiver, and add a roller to the bottom.

I don't like all of the chrome on my truck, so new wheels are in order. I am thinking some 17X10's wrapped in either 35X12.50 Falken Wild Peak's or Wrangler MTR's (10 ply of course).

I am nixing the factory steps for some rocker protection. I'll probably fab something up out of angle iron and attach to body bushings. This should give me a little more piece of mind while I am dune bashing where rocks like to hide.

I will be adding some air to the situation with an ARB Twin Compressor. I have seen it in action and let me tell ya, it is bad ***.

Well, there you have it! Those are my plans. I know a lot of you may read this post and think that I will be trying to crawl this rig, but that just isn't the case. Yes I will be off road, but not rock crawling. My overall objective is low center of gravity, high approach and departure angles, and fun. What do y'all think?
Old 08-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Old 08-26-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazsecond View Post
I agree 100%, I want to see pictures not read a blog
Old 08-26-2012, 03:25 PM

I Guess we're not doing the pic thing anymore..
Old 08-26-2012, 03:25 PM

Hold your horses fellas, you'll see pictures soon enough! I don't have the cash to do anything yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.