Cab off head studs in progress - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cab off head studs in progress

I finally got my bendpak xpr10 installed in the ranch shop, and the cab came off in about two hours. I want to use this thread to track progress and hopefully get some answers to questions I have along the way. The first one I have is, What happens if your icp sensor breaks off while you're trying to remove it?
Attached Thumbnails
Cab off head studs in progress-head-gasket.jpg   Cab off head studs in progress-head-gasket-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 02:30 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice.. I really need a shop like that. Two hrs is really fast, Did you do it all by yourself?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:40 PM

This new shop is going to make me spoiled. It was 98 out today and the shop stayed 74 with just the ceiling fans on. I thought two hours was pretty fast, but I got lucky none of my cage nuts stripped and I have access to about any tool.

Progress for today. Tore it all down this morning, laid out the valve train and labeled it. Dropped off the heads, and luckily the shop only has one other project going on. He said he would have them done by tomorrow Also got my injectors sent out to warrens today, too bad PA is so far away.

The only roadblocks I ran into was that nobody told me that their was still that much coolant in the jacket and the base of my busted icp is still threaded into the oil rail? Any idea how to get that out?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm in the process of building my house/shop (combined building)

How big is your shop? I'm building 40W x 60L (feet)
Old 07-12-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20046.0 View Post
I'm in the process of building my house/shop (combined building)

How big is your shop? I'm building 40W x 60L (feet)
Unfortunately they stick me in the corner, the entire shop is 140L x 90w. Its got a 2500 square foot apartment loft in it too, but my favorite part about it is the huge one peice rigid hydraulic door. I'll get some pics for you, its so much better than those roll up doors.

Back to the progress, machine shop got my heads done today and I went in to pick them up and turns out the guy machining my heads and my dad are old high school buddies, after those two BS'ed back and forth awhile I only ended up paying 175 out the door. I know he does reputable work and is experienced so I wasn't worried about him cutting corners.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:43 PM

The family has been in town so things have been slow but I got back to it and now I'm just waiting on injectors to get back. I also need to fix my transmission leak. I was also able to get that icp base out. I had to put the oil rail in a vice and drill the icp out some. Then I tried to use an ez out bolt extractor, didn't work. I then threaded the hole, covered a bolt with red loctice and threaded it in there. The loctice won and the sensor base came right out. Now I just have to clean out all the brass shavings
Attached Thumbnails
Cab off head studs in progress-head-gasket-3.jpg   Cab off head studs in progress-head-gasket-4.jpg   Cab off head studs in progress-head-gasket-5.jpg   Cab off head studs in progress-head-gasket-6.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.