Offered 20 K cash out for my truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Offered 20 K cash out for my truck

Was offered 20k for my truck as it sits from my son n law . That be cash in the bank but I do not want more payments or a new 2013 thats for sure . I do not want to start over and pay to have things done on another truck . I'm
leaning towards a 06 to 08 Tacoma 4x4 , yes I know Jap made , sorry but it's just me and the wife now, Im 41 soon 42 hhaaaha ,,/,, anyways what would you do take the cash and run ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
$20k? How many miles on your truck? For what's done to it, in my mind that is ridiculously low. If you'd be happy with a toyota, and want to give your SIL a smoking hot deal go for it, I wouldn't. But just think about this, when he pulls up to your house driving your truck and its shadow eclipses your little jap toy

Last week I got pissed off because of the damn ect/eot problem after HG's and crap and put my truck up for sale for $29k to see what kind of offers I got. Had a guy offer me $24.5k, then I got to thinking, I could buy me a new gt500, but then I'll have payments again. Hell, I've got $7k into the motor, the truck is bulletproofed, and nothing but another superduty could live up to it. And I'd regret selling it.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
$20k? How many miles on your truck? For what's done to it, in my mind that is ridiculously low. If you'd be happy with a toyota, and want to give your SIL a smoking hot deal go for it, I wouldn't. But just think about this, when he pulls up to your house driving your truck and its shadow eclipses your little jap toy

Last week I got pissed off because of the damn ect/eot problem after HG's and crap and put my truck up for sale for $29k to see what kind of offers I got. Had a guy offer me $24.5k, then I got to thinking, I could buy me a new gt500, but then I'll have payments again. Hell, I've got $7k into the motor, the truck is bulletproofed, and nothing but another superduty could live up to it. And I'd regret selling it.
Truck has 77,274 on it right now . But You know how them Jap girls look in school girl uniforms lol .
Old 07-09-2012, 12:05 AM

Im keeping as of right now will see what happens in a few days .
Cash does talk BS walks Fantom but he does have cash now hmm
Guess what my wife says with a shet eating grin MONEY lol , Dang women .

!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

No way in H E L L I'd go for that deal. No way that Toyota is ever going to live up to your Super Duty and at 77k you barely have it broken in. With the additional work on the truck you're giving it away for at least $5 to $8k below value. If you really are ready to be done with your truck and move on to something else that's one thing, but in my mind he hasn't offered you a deal you can't refuse. As I said you can easily get $25 to $28k out of your truck if you want to sell it. Think hard before accepting this offer.

PS. Not to be insulting but your wife has no idea of the value of your truck.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hickman View Post
Was offered 20k for my truck as it sits from my son n law ... anyways what would you do take the cash and run ?
Simply put, "no."

And I speak from experience - not with a truck though. Family complicates financial discussions. The ability to objectively establish value of any item in a family sale is a dynamic variable not necessarily related to the item itself. Perhaps for you several thousands of dollars of value as a lost cost is worth the value of a positive investment in the family relationship. Taking the family out of the equation though...

The offer is very low even as a trade-in and especially as a private-party sale.

Unless there is a compelling family issue that makes a financial loss worthy this is an undervalued offer.

Jonathan
Old 07-09-2012, 08:13 AM
N.S.D.Q.

WOW...don't do it. $20k is tempting but with the miles it's too low of an offer. If it helps I'm your age and will not give mine up for that offer.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
WOW...don't do it. $20k is tempting but with the miles it's too low of an offer. If it helps I'm your age and will not give mine up for that offer.
True guys .. That's why she's still in my drive way :-)
Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Chapter Director

Hey Hickey, I'll give you $21,500, my dad's looking for a truck
Old 07-09-2012, 01:09 PM

$20k is a low ball offer. Unless you were desperate for money, no way I'd let it go for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.