Got rid of the 6.0 today. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got rid of the 6.0 today.

Well I only had the truck for a few months and really liked it but I do not like working on the 6.0 and i really should have done my research on that motor before buying it. I am a mechanic (not a diesel mechanic) and I have my own shop and after doing the oil and egr cooler and a lot of other stuff I decided to get rid of the truck. I was trying to work a deal at a local Ford dealer for a used 2010 Raptor however it was a little overpriced and we couldn't make a deal so I ended up with a 2010 SHO with 13k miles. This is a great forum and I will definately be back in a month or so with another diesel just not a 6.0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 05:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What was wrong with ur truck?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:21 AM

Not much really after I was done with it. Part of getting rid of it was because I want to find something a little newer and I fealt that after paying 11k for a truck and having to spend 2-3k on top of that to make the truck reliable is ridiculous. I want another Ford diesel just not a 6.0. I know there can be be problems with other motors but the 6.0s seem to be more problematic than other motors.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpf250 View Post
Not much really after I was done with it. Part of getting rid of it was because I want to find something a little newer and I fealt that after paying 11k for a truck and having to spend 2-3k on top of that to make the truck reliable is ridiculous. I want another Ford diesel just not a 6.0. I know there can be be problems with other motors but the 6.0s seem to be more problematic than other motors.
I don't think another 6.0 would solve that problem, the emissions,coolant and coolers are pretty much problematic on every 6.0. IMO u should've kept it , 6.0's are great when done right and it sounds like yours was.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:27 AM

Man I love those Raptors. But after hearing all the good about the EcoBoost F150s, I'd rock two turbos
Old 07-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have to agree. Of the newer Ford diesels out there the 6.0 is the easiest to work on and once you have done the things you did a pretty reliable motor. $11k for a 6.0 is pretty cheap. Personally I wouldn't touch a 6.7 due to all the new emissions stuff on it, and you have to remove all the emissions stuff on a 6.4 or it's a headache.

Anyway congrats on the SHO. I'd love to have one for a DD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.