Mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 12:09 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mods

So, I have been a powerstoke owner for just a little over a week, and have been on here regularly since then, and was here before while researching my purchase. Anyhow, I have read many posts by people with signatures with all of their mods. Most of them are self explanitory, Some I've figured out, but I'm still not sure what a lot of them are. Was wondering if someone could fill me (and other noobs) in! Would like to compile a list of them, what the benefits are, and how to do them! THANKS

Out of Cash mod?

Zoodad?

Harpoon?

CCV?

Banjo bolts?

etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Premium Member

Gauges or some type of monitoring, believe me youre gonna need it!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maberle View Post
So, I have been a powerstoke owner for just a little over a week, and have been on here regularly since then, and was here before while researching my purchase. Anyhow, I have read many posts by people with signatures with all of their mods. Most of them are self explanitory, Some I've figured out, but I'm still not sure what a lot of them are. Was wondering if someone could fill me (and other noobs) in! Would like to compile a list of them, what the benefits are, and how to do them! THANKS

Out of Cash mod?

Zoodad?

Harpoon?

CCV?

Banjo bolts?

etc...
in order
* probably a joke
* intake mod called zoodad. search it
*dont know
*crank case vent mod
* 6.4 banjo bolts instead of 6.0 banjo bolts.(considered an upgrade)

I dont consider half of these things to be mods. To me a mod is a turbo upgrade, injector upgrade, headstuds, ect. Using banjo bolts from a 6.4 is kinda a revised part. alot of people have things like "blue spring mod, and dummy plugs, ect listed as mods when they are actually just revised or replaced parts that have been updated or simply just wore out and have been replaced. It is kinda like saying I have an "oil cooler mod" since I have the updated ford oil cooler. Well no I dont, I just replaced my oil cooler lol. the zoodad is something to the extent of pretty much cutting things out of the way of the intake to allow more strait line cool air to the filter.Never saw it as something that would be worth it but I dont know. maybe some other guys with the Doodad zoolander mod can chime in. (who comes up with these names? lol. like calling head bolts "stock sticks" lol. where I come from cams are the only thing being refered to as sticks and they are bumpsticks lol. I am still learning the terms as well haha. welcome!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:33 AM

Oh ya, I have the CTS on the way, and have done a lot of research into all of the normal mods, was just wondering about those oddball ones. I just wanted to start a list of them so I (and others) knew what they meant. I've already done the ZooDad, just so many different Mods out there and I'm having trouble making sense of some of them!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Harpoon - cutting the vent tube in the fuel tank to reduce the backpressure when filling up. After doing it, you can fill up at the 18-wheeler pumps and fill it to the brim very quickly.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:30 AM

I thought stock sticks meant stock injectors..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAssaultVan View Post
in order
* probably a joke
* intake mod called zoodad. search it
*dont know
*crank case vent mod
* 6.4 banjo bolts instead of 6.0 banjo bolts.(considered an upgrade)

I dont consider half of these things to be mods. To me a mod is a turbo upgrade, injector upgrade, headstuds, ect. Using banjo bolts from a 6.4 is kinda a revised part. alot of people have things like "blue spring mod, and dummy plugs, ect listed as mods when they are actually just revised or replaced parts that have been updated or simply just wore out and have been replaced. It is kinda like saying I have an "oil cooler mod" since I have the updated ford oil cooler. Well no I dont, I just replaced my oil cooler lol. the zoodad is something to the extent of pretty much cutting things out of the way of the intake to allow more strait line cool air to the filter.Never saw it as something that would be worth it but I dont know. maybe some other guys with the Doodad zoolander mod can chime in. (who comes up with these names? lol. like calling head bolts "stock sticks" lol. where I come from cams are the only thing being refered to as sticks and they are bumpsticks lol. I am still learning the terms as well haha. welcome!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maberle View Post

Out of Cash mod?

Zoodad? Cuts a hole in front of your intake in the header panel because it's dumb and closed up stock.

Harpoon? Cut off the fill and vent tubes in the fuel tank so that you can fill the tank fuller without it clicking off sooner. Nothing to do with back pressure

CCV? Crank case normally vents into the intake leaving oil residue in the whole system. The CCV mod reroutes it to dump to the atmosphere usually.

Banjo bolts? Upgrading the stock ones to 6.4 motor ones. The 6.4s have bigger holes in them

etc...
Sticks just mean injectors usually. Shorter to type.

In Red.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Serving Our Country!

hmm, I thought people were talking about head bolts lol. ok injectors it is then. so why not just say stock injectors lol
Old 07-05-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAssaultVan View Post
hmm, I thought people were talking about head bolts lol. ok injectors it is then. so why not just say stock injectors lol
And type 3 more letters then we have too? We are busy and have things to do....
Old 07-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Don't forget about the "High Idle" mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.