Mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mods

So, I have been a powerstoke owner for just a little over a week, and have been on here regularly since then, and was here before while researching my purchase. Anyhow, I have read many posts by people with signatures with all of their mods. Most of them are self explanitory, Some I've figured out, but I'm still not sure what a lot of them are. Was wondering if someone could fill me (and other noobs) in! Would like to compile a list of them, what the benefits are, and how to do them! THANKS

Out of Cash mod?

Zoodad?

Harpoon?

CCV?

Banjo bolts?

etc...
maberle is offline  
post #2 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
JohnO38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, Ms
Posts: 321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauges or some type of monitoring, believe me youre gonna need it!!!

2009 F350 Lariat
5" Straight Pipe
AFE Momentum
SCT X4
PIP 150
Edge CTS

2004 King Ranch
ARP Studs
5"straight pipe
BPD EGR
ISSPRO PILLAR
X-Code
JohnO38 is offline  
post #3 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Serving Our Country!
 
UrbanAssaultVan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gilbert
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maberle View Post
So, I have been a powerstoke owner for just a little over a week, and have been on here regularly since then, and was here before while researching my purchase. Anyhow, I have read many posts by people with signatures with all of their mods. Most of them are self explanitory, Some I've figured out, but I'm still not sure what a lot of them are. Was wondering if someone could fill me (and other noobs) in! Would like to compile a list of them, what the benefits are, and how to do them! THANKS

Out of Cash mod?

Zoodad?

Harpoon?

CCV?

Banjo bolts?

etc...
in order
* probably a joke
* intake mod called zoodad. search it
*dont know
*crank case vent mod
* 6.4 banjo bolts instead of 6.0 banjo bolts.(considered an upgrade)

I dont consider half of these things to be mods. To me a mod is a turbo upgrade, injector upgrade, headstuds, ect. Using banjo bolts from a 6.4 is kinda a revised part. alot of people have things like "blue spring mod, and dummy plugs, ect listed as mods when they are actually just revised or replaced parts that have been updated or simply just wore out and have been replaced. It is kinda like saying I have an "oil cooler mod" since I have the updated ford oil cooler. Well no I dont, I just replaced my oil cooler lol. the zoodad is something to the extent of pretty much cutting things out of the way of the intake to allow more strait line cool air to the filter.Never saw it as something that would be worth it but I dont know. maybe some other guys with the Doodad zoolander mod can chime in. (who comes up with these names? lol. like calling head bolts "stock sticks" lol. where I come from cams are the only thing being refered to as sticks and they are bumpsticks lol. I am still learning the terms as well haha. welcome!

2006 6.0 PSD Van
SCT,DiamondEye,Autometer,king ranch,and other crap that nobody cares about...
UrbanAssaultVan is offline  
post #4 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh ya, I have the CTS on the way, and have done a lot of research into all of the normal mods, was just wondering about those oddball ones. I just wanted to start a list of them so I (and others) knew what they meant. I've already done the ZooDad, just so many different Mods out there and I'm having trouble making sense of some of them!
maberle is offline  
post #5 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,716
Thanks: 25
Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Harpoon - cutting the vent tube in the fuel tank to reduce the backpressure when filling up. After doing it, you can fill up at the 18-wheeler pumps and fill it to the brim very quickly.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter; High-Idle;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax trans case;Fumoto valves;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's; BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL;ELC Ultra
bismic is offline  
post #6 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Valparaiso
Posts: 534
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I thought stock sticks meant stock injectors..




Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAssaultVan View Post
in order
* probably a joke
* intake mod called zoodad. search it
*dont know
*crank case vent mod
* 6.4 banjo bolts instead of 6.0 banjo bolts.(considered an upgrade)

I dont consider half of these things to be mods. To me a mod is a turbo upgrade, injector upgrade, headstuds, ect. Using banjo bolts from a 6.4 is kinda a revised part. alot of people have things like "blue spring mod, and dummy plugs, ect listed as mods when they are actually just revised or replaced parts that have been updated or simply just wore out and have been replaced. It is kinda like saying I have an "oil cooler mod" since I have the updated ford oil cooler. Well no I dont, I just replaced my oil cooler lol. the zoodad is something to the extent of pretty much cutting things out of the way of the intake to allow more strait line cool air to the filter.Never saw it as something that would be worth it but I dont know. maybe some other guys with the Doodad zoolander mod can chime in. (who comes up with these names? lol. like calling head bolts "stock sticks" lol. where I come from cams are the only thing being refered to as sticks and they are bumpsticks lol. I am still learning the terms as well haha. welcome!

05 CC SB 6.0 FX4
SCT w/ SPD
Gryphon Tuned
ARPs
New UCF Heads ported & Oringed
Blue fuel spring
sinister coolant filter
Egr Delete
5" DiamondEye TBE
BFG ATs 35s
ELC Cat-1
Scangauge
EGT/ fuel/ oil psi gauges
Bilsteins Shocks
08+ Aluminum Axle Cover
08+ Trans Pan W/Filter
MTW stage 2 DD solenoid
24+ years Ford Employee


SharkDiver is offline  
post #7 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 04:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
jesilvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nacogdoches, TX
Posts: 11,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maberle View Post
So, I have been a powerstoke owner for just a little over a week, and have been on here regularly since then, and was here before while researching my purchase. Anyhow, I have read many posts by people with signatures with all of their mods. Most of them are self explanitory, Some I've figured out, but I'm still not sure what a lot of them are. Was wondering if someone could fill me (and other noobs) in! Would like to compile a list of them, what the benefits are, and how to do them! THANKS

Out of Cash mod?

Zoodad? Cuts a hole in front of your intake in the header panel because it's dumb and closed up stock.

Harpoon? Cut off the fill and vent tubes in the fuel tank so that you can fill the tank fuller without it clicking off sooner. Nothing to do with back pressure

CCV? Crank case normally vents into the intake leaving oil residue in the whole system. The CCV mod reroutes it to dump to the atmosphere usually.

Banjo bolts? Upgrading the stock ones to 6.4 motor ones. The 6.4s have bigger holes in them

etc...
Sticks just mean injectors usually. Shorter to type.

In Red.



2000 F-350 Lariat Super Duty, Dually, CCLB, 7.3L
4R100, 2wd
330,000 + miles
jesilvas is offline  
post #8 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Serving Our Country!
 
UrbanAssaultVan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gilbert
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hmm, I thought people were talking about head bolts lol. ok injectors it is then. so why not just say stock injectors lol

2006 6.0 PSD Van
SCT,DiamondEye,Autometer,king ranch,and other crap that nobody cares about...
UrbanAssaultVan is offline  
post #9 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Valparaiso
Posts: 534
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAssaultVan View Post
hmm, I thought people were talking about head bolts lol. ok injectors it is then. so why not just say stock injectors lol
And type 3 more letters then we have too? We are busy and have things to do....

05 CC SB 6.0 FX4
SCT w/ SPD
Gryphon Tuned
ARPs
New UCF Heads ported & Oringed
Blue fuel spring
sinister coolant filter
Egr Delete
5" DiamondEye TBE
BFG ATs 35s
ELC Cat-1
Scangauge
EGT/ fuel/ oil psi gauges
Bilsteins Shocks
08+ Aluminum Axle Cover
08+ Trans Pan W/Filter
MTW stage 2 DD solenoid
24+ years Ford Employee


SharkDiver is offline  
post #10 of 45 Old 07-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Powerstroke Techie

 
Lilpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sassamansville, Pa
Posts: 9,787
Thanks: 95
Thanked 195 Times in 157 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Don't forget about the "High Idle" mod.

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Lilpooh is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome