Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Coolant flush today crying a little but only on the inside,, ha,,ha,,

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  drunk on diesel 
#1 ·
Finally did my flush today. I am all red now but took my 8-10 deg delta to 16-18,,, I did not do a chemical flush in the hopes of not making it worse, but had the good ole green in there and finally had a day that I could. It was up over a hundred today and there are now flat roads within 60 miles, so I'm going to see what it looks like on the way to work in the morning before temps get above 80 deg. Coolant filter has been on for 1200 ml's it was so bad I couldn't believe it. should have changed it sooner but I kept thinking this weekend for a couple of months now.

I sharing because I need to say (type) it out loud. Every time I think I'm ready to get my SCT something else has to be fix,,,

Don't get me wrong I love this truck one day I'll have all (most) of the bugs worked out.

#2 ·
Do the reverse flush. The same thing happened to me. Did the first flush and switched to ELC and the delta went to 14-16. Did the reverse flush and back to 7-9. Will be doing the reverse flush again this month before pulling my camper to Florida. Best of luck!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#3 ·
Sorry to hear man! I didnt have any issues so I cant say for sure what works but keep us posted dude.

Keep your head up. Im sure it will work out fine.

#4 ·
Sorry to hi jack, anyone got a write up on how to do the reverse flush? I still got the Gold in my truck and my delta's are good now, but I want to get that crap out and ELC in.

#5 ·
bad thing was I did do a reverse flush,,, It was about 11 deg different this morning about 18 ml's into work

at home I have the link for the reverse flush I post it up when I get there.

#7 ·
#9 ·
I would not get too excited yet. I normaly have a delta of 7 to 14 degrees running empty at 80 to 90 degrees. When the outside temps reach 100 plus, all bets are off. Mine will jump 18 degrees difference running empty. It always comes back down.

#10 ·
I think you are correct. this morning it was 71 degrees driving into work and I never saw more than a delta of 11 so I'll watch and see

#11 ·
My temps had been acting weird before; when driving on the highway the ECT would actually drop a few degrees compared to the EOT. I figured it was just a thermometer problem. Its been a typical humid VA summer so far, with temps 100+ often, and the two are practically mirroring each other exactly all the time now, usually between 186-190 on the highway.

#16 ·
Wow that's some pretty cool temps. I'm getting 198-204 at close to 100* weather, 200-206 going up hills.

#12 ·
I saw a thread about a year ago that called it gauge phobia or something like that were we watch our gauges more than the road :D

this is my first summer with the 6.0 so I really didn't know what to expect or look for

#14 ·
Really want to label this a "That's what she said." statement... :rofl::rofl:

Anyways.... Coolant flush choked my cooler bigtime. Like 30 degree delta. Reverse flush didn't work. Had to replace it. Now I consistently run 5-8 degree difference no matter what temp empty.

#17 ·
based on everything I've read on the forums, my coolant is only getting drained/replaced until the deltas call for a cooler replacement. THEN it'll get a flush before the new cooler is installed.

just seen too many people have higher deltas after flushing to do it myself.

my 6.4 needed thermostats so I just drained and replaced the coolant. my deltas are 4-11* depending on speed, ambient, etc.

I run empty (9,000lb truck), so high teens or even 20* delta doesn't really bother me as long as my OIL TEMP is safe

I think people way overthink and freak out about deltas. Yes, 4* is ideal, but the sky isn't going to fall if you're at 10-15*

#18 ·
I agree with this, the more I read the more I relax about this, disappointing I guess that is why I chose to not use restore and + I didn't want to make things worse then when it went up some I panicked . now I'll keep an eye on it and get focused on the bad ball joints I have

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.