door code pad - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 03:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
door code pad

ok got my new truck last week from the dealer... well new to me at least. its an 06 with the code pad for door locks on the driver side door, but the sales idiot didnt know the code. any help on resetting this? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Did the truck come with the owner's manual? There should be a plastic credit card looking thing in the case the owner's manual comes in. The code should be on there. You need the original code to program your own code, so I'm not sure how you'd reset it without having the original. There has to be some way to do it. I'd ask the dealer service manager. They may be able to get the original code from Ford for you.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

there is another way to get this code. there have been numerous threads about it. one way is to look under the dash and see it, or by the passenger kick panel.

i tried to look for mine, but my aftermarket deck is in the way, and it's a pain to remove (dvd player screen and all)

there is also a code you can punch in a series of numbers and it will find for you, takes up to 20 minutes max.

or you could take it to the dealership and they can plug into diagnostics and tell you, but they wanna charge 100 bucks for it.. rip off unless you got a friend at ford.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LvTitan View Post
there is another way to get this code. there have been numerous threads about it. one way is to look under the dash and see it, or by the passenger kick panel.

i tried to look for mine, but my aftermarket deck is in the way, and it's a pain to remove (dvd player screen and all)

there is also a code you can punch in a series of numbers and it will find for you, takes up to 20 minutes max.

or you could take it to the dealership and they can plug into diagnostics and tell you, but they wanna charge 100 bucks for it.. rip off unless you got a friend at ford.
Do a search on here for door keypads...lots of info

Congrats on the new rig!!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:03 PM

i only paid $30-50 for my code, from dealer, (friend) then had it changed to something i can remember, code will 5 digits..gl man
Old 10-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

I got an 05 with the same problem, execpt i made sure i got that worked into the deal before i paid for the truck, but im sure if you bought it recently they should work with you.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Banned

yeah there is a ford dealer across town my friend knows someone there said he'd get the code for me for twenty bucks... the dealer by my house actually quoted me a c note though !!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:41 PM

The code is also on the truck's computer module. You find that, you find the code.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 PM

the sales guy was an idiot " yah um well let me look " hah you know how that goes. and no manual. the kinda sucks. well im gonna go back to the dealer and ask. its a ford dealer and the sales guy didnt even know the what the warranty was. maybe 75k but it could be 100k since its diesel. only reason i bought it is cause it was a very good buy.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:04 PM

diesel motor has 100K warranty, my 36K warranty is almost out........here is a link you can get a owners manual and diesel supplement for less than $30-. i had to w/my truck also.

Service Manuals, Owner Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Service Bulletins - Helm Incorporated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.