normal ECT & EOT for 2005 6.0 after EGR delete and new oil cooler - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
normal ECT & EOT for 2005 6.0 after EGR delete and new oil cooler

hello all. im a new 6.0 owner. i just had egr delete and new updated oil cooler installed on my 05 cc king ranch 4x4. 150,000 miles. ambient temps are hot in ga right now. im running EOT, ECT, fuel pressure guages. im currently seeing around 200 ECT with EOT's almost identical while unloaded. pulling 5th wheel to fl last week i ran around 220 ECT with fan kicking in when temps would rise a little after hitting an incline. Would these temps be considered ok? 5th wheel weighs around 12,000 lbs and truck was loaded with 4 adults and gear. ECT and EOT are almost the same when towing. Im still running ford gold coolant but thinking about changing to rotella ELC cat 1 rated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

coolant temp seems a little high but when towing all temps usually go out the window.

I know mine when colder out stays right on 188 ECT and 192 EOT when driving unloaded, loaded it is 188 ECT and 194-5 EOT

hot summer ECT is 190-2 and EOT are usually within 5 degrees

I towed a heavy load last weekend and my coolant temps would spike to 212 so maybe 220 is not all that bad.

I would definitely get the gold crap out or your gonna be replacing that cooler in another 50k!

notice how the VT365 international sister motor has never had oil cooler/EGR cooler/head gasket problems like the 6.0 ford?

Its because international runs the Rotella ELC coolant out of the box, no silicate drop out to clog that cooler

food for thought
Old 07-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i Changed the coolant on the july 4th to a Cat 1rated ELC coolant. I bought the peak brand that is red in color at the local truck stop. I did the flush on it following the procedure i watched on powestrokehelp youtube video. any ideas on how to lower ECT while towing? Does that residue from the ford gold crap build up in the radiator? I'm thinking about buying one of those new all aluminum radiators from bullet proof diesal. As far as i know i still have the original water pump. Do you guys reccomend changing it as well?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 PM

if you read the sticky in the general section about monitoring

230F on the ECT is when you should be alarmed, so to me anything under that I think you are good to go.

what was the mixture you put in? 60/40? maybe try going to 50/50 cause the more water in your system the more heat gets transferred. I run 60/40 because of the -30F winters in MN
Old 07-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Im not 100% about coolant mixture. I drained the system as best i could and was able to put in 4 gallons of coolant. I would say it 60coolant and 40 water.
Thanks for the info on the general thread. I will look for it.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:02 AM

You can buy these to test your coolant, they should be available at any heavy duty diesel repair shop.

http://www.cumminsfiltration.com/pdf...es/LT15626.pdf

I test 100% distilled water and 100% coolant and compare those to my coolant in the truck. I do this because the colors are kinda hard to make out.

Note - these are only helpful if aren't color blind, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.