Whats it Worth??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whats it Worth???

I bought a 2007 FX4 CC Lariat from the original owner with 45K on it. He had it set up perfect to build on. He had installed the Banks intake and monster exhaust and had it tuned via bullydog. Inside he put navigation (controlled by removable handheld GPS ), DVD, I-pod connection and replaced all factory speaker with JL audio including two 10" W-6's. This gave me plenty of time to figure out how I was going to build it and heres how it went down.
First was the winch bumper and 12K warn (which is now gone)
Around 80K I blew the tranny out, had it rebuilt and beefed up and chunked the bullydog in lieu for the SCT TSX (and installed the EGT thermocouple). Ran the can canned tunes until 95K.
Installed the ICON stage 3 2.5" leveling kit with dual stabilizers and a fresh set of 35" Trail grapplers wrapped on the factory 20's.
At 98K i couldn't stand it anymore and bulletproofed it. Deleted, studded, sinister bypass, and got Vivian's Looney and SuperLooney Wild tunes.
Ran the tunes and did a bunch of monitoring via SCT Livelink, and of course the TSX, and decided the Looney Wild was the all around best and havent changed it since 103K.
Suspension settled in and is unbeleviable!!! I have actually been able to tell the difference in the motor "breaking in" since she hit 100K by running the different tunes and the truck as a whole just settling in.
I have built a lot of trucks, mostly gas burners but worked on diesels with my cousin for years. He is a Dodge lover and I cant blame as everbody knows the cummings are hard to beat. Driven a coupel of duramaxes that had been modestly tuned up but I have found My 6.0 to be flat out better, funny thing is my Dodge loving cousin agrees.
I dont know if I got a "good one" or what, but the hotter you run her the better everything is from TQ, HP and MPG.
I laugh at some of the new "sports cars" because when I puff a lil smoke @ em they think they have a gimme win from 0-120 but all they see (if they can through the black cloud) is the beast a good 5-10 car lenghts ahead. They all ask what in the world have you done to that thing???? I just laugh.
I truly believe, if built right, the 6.0 is a beas
I know you really cant put a "Firm Price" on her, but was considering selling it to build another and honestly dont know how to value it!!!
I know what I have tied up in it but how would yall out a price on it???
All help will be greatly appreciated and all offers, if made, will be considered.
She now has 111K on her, Pics available upon request!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.