Need help with my coolant flush. It's not going anywhere - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help with my coolant flush. It's not going anywhere

Ok doin a flush for oil cooler replacement, egr delete ad today found out my radiator was leaking so a new radiator while I'm in there. Ok I have gold coolant but it's really rusty! I began my day with taking the thermo out and flushing with water. The original coolant was filthy orange. It's like every water flush I do comes out just as bad as the rest. I didn't want to run my restore flushes until I started to get some clean water coming out so I quit for the day. Very frustrating. I know the radiator will be brand spanking new clean but why is it so rusty looking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 07:39 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Put that hose in and run until you are clear..... thats the start.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
I ran it clear before chemicals, got up to temp ran with chemicals, then ran the hose until it was clear as can be before the next step and between each chemical.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
I ran it clear before chemicals, got up to temp ran with chemicals, then ran the hose until it was clear as can be before the next step and between each chemical.
That's the way to do it if you want it to come out clean. If you shortcut it it'll bite you in the azz.

Why is it like that? Simple. It wasn't maintained properly.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

VC-9

Get VC-9 from ford, use this last after running Prestone Cleaner for 6 hours of driving,then vc9 for 30 min to 1 hour. Mine is clean and have radiator also. After that put in Long life coolant Prestone or other high end fluid.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:14 PM

So stick the hose in the degas bottle? Crack the drain pet**** and just let that crap run??

To the comment on vc9 and prestone. I went to cummins cross points yesterday and got a gal of restore and restore plus(same thing as vc9) and I also have a jug of prestone cleaner at home too.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First flush it clear. Then add the Restore. Run it for 90 minutes at 190*(it has to be hot to work. partially cover the radiator if you need to to get it up to temp.) Flush till clear. Add the Restore Plus and run for 90 minutes at 190*. Then flush the living crap out of it. Once your sure everything is out that is going to come out flush 24-30 gallons of distilled through it, then add your 3 1/2 gallons of ELC concentrate and top with distilled.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:01 AM

Yeah that's the problem. It won't flush clear for me to start my chemicals... Back at it today
Old 07-01-2012, 09:00 PM

Ok question!!! I spent have the day working on a buddy's truck and the other half flushing some more on my truck. I've flushed, flushed, flushed, flushed and flushed and it's still coming out nasty as all get Out. I want to start my resore flushes but it just Aint coming out clear nor does it have any sign of it. Heres my question. I found I small leak on my radiator yesterday so I'm going to order a new radiator from tousley first thing tnrw morning. Can I just go ahead and start my restore flushes followed by Distilled water?? Get everything drained and start my oil cooler surgery and install the new radiator followed by my new elc?? I think a lot of the filth is the nasty old radiator itself. So if the restore doesn't get the radiator the cleanest in the world, it doesn't matter seeing how it will have a surgically clean radiator going back in?? Just a thought. Mitch I would love to here your thoughts on this seeing how I've spent the last two days flushing and haven't got to really do anything. Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 09:22 PM

Like they are sayin. Keep flushing till it's clear. Even if you have to clean out the old rad, keep flushing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.