Ford Stealerships - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 04:11 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford Stealerships

Would it be obvious to diagnose HG problems from the people I would have imagined who sees these trucks the most? My truck has spent two full days at the stealership to be diagnosed. Apparently either I was wrong in my diagnosing or there is nothing wrong with the HG's. Which is a plus, so looks like I will be going ahead with the ARP's one at a time here soon.
Anyone have any suggestions? I have been getting high coolant system pressure, but no puking. I have been keeping the coolant level at the right level, and seeing the caps fail all the time, it was the first part I changed out which was within minutes of it getting home. I have almost the same situation that another member posted about, seems everything is looking good, just I can get the system to build up enough pressure. I am still new with power stroke, and i have been heavy on the foot pedal which will die down as the excitement dies down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 04:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What are the pressures you are seeing - we need numbers .......
Old 06-30-2012, 04:31 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

Before I dropped it off at the dealership I saw 15PSI on the coolant system gauge I installed. I have seen above 10, 10, 8 and 5 is the average if I have been gunning and driven normal. I do not have it setup to run in my cab yet, i will have to work on that.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:54 AM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Get block check. Google it. It is about 40 for the entire kit and fluids. It will check to see if you have exhaust gasses in you coolant. No need for a dealer.

See 6.0 guys are always so afraid of HG failure. It really doesnt happen as much as everyone wants us to belive it does. I have check about 3 6L that people thought they had an issue and they didnt. Their puking was from the following:

1. Lifted their truck there for it sat differently and they added too much coolant
2. Bad cap
3. Someone read too many on line blogs and though they had a bloan head gasket and had no real signs of issues
Old 06-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

That reminds me, I meant to check that, as I dropped the truck off before my block check came in. Surprisingly, they did not charge me for the 2 days they had my truck. Only 48 for the scan to get the door key pad pin.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

Just performed the block test, had to pull some coolant out to do it, Ford must have topped off or something. Test SAT guess I just read some wrong info.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:16 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm glad it checked out ok for you, hope mine comes out the same, my numbers average the same as yours and i have no puking with a new degas bottle and cap, no smoke on start up or WOT. My only issue is I go through a quart or so of coolant every hundred miles or so.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

I took mine on a trip, and have maybe over a thousand miles since I bought the truck. I will have to keep and eye on the level. I did notice coolant leaking a bit where the hose fits over the thermostat housing while I was doing the blue spring upgrade.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:47 AM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
When you do the block check the challenging thing is to make sure the thermo stat is open.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:54 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Put a higher tune in and ran it hard home (about 5 miles) put the tester on and when I squeeze it the ball it doesn't expand back out, cheap pos. So I figure since it's a sealed system it will push air through the test fluid, well 5 min. later it's still blue. Still paranoid, I hook my vacuum gauge to it, nope still blue. damn truck is fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.