Crystal Coast Powerstrokes! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Crystal Coast Powerstrokes!

Any guys out there on the Crystal Coast? I am in Swansboro, wouldn't mind getting to know some guys in Jacksonville, Morehead City, Beaufort and close areas for support and would be down to help out if needed. I am new to power strokes, but not new diesels. I am a Machinery Technician First Class in the Coast Guard and my world revolves around various diesel engines. I have experience in Caterpillar and Alco mainly. Hit be up if your around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 04:02 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

Come on hard to believe with all the lifted up, beefed up trucks around here that no one around here hasn't found this forum.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I work right outside of Swansborough....at the Bogue airfield
Old 06-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay99 View Post
I work right outside of Swansborough....at the Bogue airfield
Your talking the reserve field just up from Carteret? Wife has an Aunt that lives not even a mile up from that. Nice looking truck. Not sure I have seen it around. I work out of Atlantic Beach. Ft. Macon CG base.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thats the place...though it's not really a reserve base. Just an aux landing field. It gets used pretty much every day. Been down your way a lot. Fort Macon is a nice history lesson. I don't really drive the truck to Bogue a lot. I live in Havelock (Havenot) and thats a lot of diesel! So I usually ride my bike.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:00 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay99 View Post
Thats the place...though it's not really a reserve base. Just an aux landing field. It gets used pretty much every day. Been down your way a lot. Fort Macon is a nice history lesson. I don't really drive the truck to Bogue a lot. I live in Havelock (Havenot) and thats a lot of diesel! So I usually ride my bike.
Yeah man I hear you. I just bought my truck so I am in the process of making it mine. I had a 07 Ram 1500 Hemi, it was worse with mileage. I sold my bikes. Luckily though, i bought a commuter vehicle. Its a 84 turbo diesel Benz. That thing rocks 26 MPG no matter how it is driven, and even better, I run it off of a 3:1 mix of diesel and waste oil. I have a full barrel I have just mixed up and as soon as I change the fluids in the truck I will have to run the centrifuge again. Only down fall of the car is the air don't work.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Did you just buy that truck like this weekend in Havelock?
Old 07-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

No, I bought it a lost 3 weeks ago at Stevenson Cheverolet here in Swansboro. I just picked up a used BPD EGR cooler to install. Today I got the oil changed to synthetic with a bypass filter setup.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Are you gonna do the work by yourself? I need to do the oil cooler/egr cooler upgrade but just don't have the time or the tools to do it myself.

There is a truck just like yours here in Havelock for sale, but I think it's lifted a little bit higher. There are a ton of powerstrokes here on Cherry Point.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Ahhh Hell Butch!!!!

Yeah, I already did the bypass install, banjo bolt, blue spring, exhaust, CCV mode myself. Once I get the other stuff in, I will take the truck down and the studs (since they checked out from the dealership and my block tester), EGR cooler. My deltas are running 5 to 6 degrees apart so I am not going to worry about the oil cooler yet. I just dished out some cash to Amsoil for diff fluid and transfer case, and wifes car to get it up to date on fluid changes. So my truck will almost be full synthetic minus transmission, power steering, and brake fluid. I will eventually do a coolant flush and use Amsoil's coolant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.