Recent HG, Stud whole 9 done, innovative tune...Truck seems to not perform optimumly? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recent HG, Stud whole 9 done, innovative tune...Truck seems to not perform optimumly?

Hello all! I'm semi new to the forums. I've been reading and researching. I have an 05 250 6.0. I recently had Hallas Performance out of Romeo Michigan do my studs, head gaskets, egr delete, oil cooler, and replaced the turbo with a powermax. I already had CFM+ intake, 4" MBRP w/muffler, blue spring and thats about the gist of it. I'm running 275/60/20 dura grapplers. I'm tuned with erics extreme street loaded onto a livewire and its the current tune in the truck.

Not to sound newbie-ish buuuut. Now with the bigger turbo and all the other stuff done, it's just not the same. I mean I read all the posts where other owners arent able to keep tires planted, and I watched countless videos on you tube. My truck doesnt sound like a "jet" just idling anymore, and cant get out of its own way when putting the pedal to the floor from a light. Very sluggish and lags bad. I get that easing into it is how these trucks operate, and I'm not looking to beat the **** out of it, but I'm simply feeling something isnt right.

So if theres anything you all can think of please feel free to chime in. Thanks !

Included a couple pics for viewing pleasure : )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you get a new tune for the power max or run an old one. What are your boost numbers at wot? Fuel pressure readings? Hmmmm Something sounds fishy. I have the same setup and my rips, Even have great fun in the tow tune which is what I usually have loaded.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 06-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I bought this tune the day after I got the truck back and told his father Everything I had done to it including the new turbo. WOT is boosting to 30 which seems right. I;m not looking for it to be loud and obnoxious, but i see the videos, and I know what my old turbo sounded like before and I swear theres 8 mufflers on my turck now, well until you step into it. Not to mention it takes FOREVER to boost up while standing on both pedals and dumps black smoke like crazy. I know most wouldn't complain abou that, but I want it to perform properly and ultimately looking for great fuel economy.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 PM

Boost leak maybe?? I know that will cause a lag.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
Need more pictures of the nice looking lady to properly diagnose the problem!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:15 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
Did you talk to Mike at the shop?
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Lowdown~ I figured at least one good pic would help the diagnostic procedure lol!

JimmyV~ I'm going to the dyno day Saturday so I figured I'd let him take a look at it then. I didn't really wanna bug him before then. The truck pulls and boost I 30psi when going down the road just doesn't seem like how everyone else describes their truck with the same setup.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Plus this is something that I wanted to see if could be figured out before making a phone call.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 AM
The Silent Service

I'd check for a boost leak first, then verify with your tuner about the files they provided.

It may be fuel pressure related as well, do you have a FP gauge/sender in the truck right now?

The Pmax should be able spool over 30psi, is that figure coming off your stock gauge, or aftermarket?

Have you looked into FICM tuning to aid in power and turbo spool down low?

The Pmax has a tendency to be really laggy down low if you don't have the tuning right to compensate for it.

Keep us posted.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:10 PM

Sounds like it might be your tuning. Your truck should feel very light after t is all warmed up. As far as the whistle, with a muffler on there the jet turbine sound is totally absorbed. There is still a whistle but not like a straight pipe. If you had an exhaust like and boosting 30 psi. You would most likely know it. Talk to the tuner Nd double check your tune. Does you file say pmax at all?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.