Will ford ever issue a recall? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will ford ever issue a recall?

The 6.0 is problematic in certain areas as most of us know.

GM had an issue with the lb7 duramax injectors. GM extended the warranty to 7 years, 200, 000 miles.

Will ford ever do something similar to that regarding the 6.0's oil cooler, egr cooler, and weak head bolts?

Has a class action suit been filed? Will it be filed?

If so would the guys that have spent 5k on fixing fords/internationals problems be reimbursed?

Seems this recall would bankrupt ford as a corporation ....there's tons of 6.0's on the roads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 AM

the way class action lawsuits work is:

The law firm gets millions and each individual plaintiff gets about $50
Old 06-24-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
the way class action lawsuits work is:

The law firm gets millions and each individual plaintiff gets about $50
This may be the case...but my question ....will ford/navistar/international...whoever ever stick a hand in and help some of these guys out?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:34 AM

Most big corporations will aviod having to spend any money fixing any issues on their products, that is a fact of life sadly. As much as people like to blame Ford for the screwup known as the 6.0 most of the blame lies with International. Oh sure International tried to say that it was the Ford electronics that caused all the issues but this simply was not the case. A European company designed most of the tech for the 6.0 to be used by International in their school busses. Mostly the 6.0 has been trouble free in that form. Its when the 6.0 had to be retrofited to be used in Ford pickups, and by law came under different EPA regulations vs. school busses that all the troubles started. The 6.0 was never designed to be used in pickups under those EPA rules by the European company that designed it. International tried to go back on that company in court but they said "hey don't blame us you never informed us that would be using the motors in pickups". The version of the 6.0 that International uses does not suffer no where near the failure rates that we see in the Ford pickup trucks. If anything International is more to blame than Ford but since its in Ford products they will be the ones seeing the blame. I think they should do the right thing and help out those guys who have had some serious issues with their 6.0's but where would they begin? How would they seperate those who used tuners or deletes which may or may not have played a role in their motors effin up? Or guys like me who did all the fluid changes on the motors ourselves but don't have a way of proving it? In the end this would open up one hell of a quagmire situation for Ford that although probably wouldn't bankrupt them it would cost them a boat load of money. If anything they should extend warranty on certain parts, and offer great deals for guys to upgrade to the newest diesels with the 6.7 in them.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfarmrboy View Post
Most big corporations will aviod having to spend any money fixing any issues on their products, that is a fact of life sadly. As much as people like to blame Ford for the screwup known as the 6.0 most of the blame lies with International. Oh sure International tried to say that it was the Ford electronics that caused all the issues but this simply was not the case. A European company designed most of the tech for the 6.0 to be used by International in their school busses. Mostly the 6.0 has been trouble free in that form. Its when the 6.0 had to be retrofited to be used in Ford pickups, and by law came under different EPA regulations vs. school busses that all the troubles started. The 6.0 was never designed to be used in pickups under those EPA rules by the European company that designed it. International tried to go back on that company in court but they said "hey don't blame us you never informed us that would be using the motors in pickups". The version of the 6.0 that International uses does not suffer no where near the failure rates that we see in the Ford pickup trucks. If anything International is more to blame than Ford but since its in Ford products they will be the once seeing the blame. I think they should do the right thing and help out those guys who have had some serious issues with their 6.0's but where would they begin? How would they seperate those who used tuners or deletes which may or may not have played a role in their motors effin up? Or guys like me who did all the fluid changes on the motors ourselves but don't have a way of proving it? In the end this would open up one hell of a quagmire situation for Ford that although probably wouldn't bankrupt them it would cost them a boat load of money. If anything they should extend warranty on certain parts, and offer great deals for guys to upgrade to the newest diesels with the 6.7 in them.
You referring to the vt365 I believe it is?

And I couldn't agree with you more...

My trucks getting dropped off at the dealer tonight for an oil cooler. My deltas are 45-65* . If ford was digging it, I would gladly buy the parts for a bulletproof job if they'd eat the labor
Old 06-24-2012, 08:37 AM

And also design better parts that are not prone to failure... like the EGR cooler and the oil cooler.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 AM

Mine is sitting in the back yard until I get a new rebuilt 6.0 for it. Had a rod go thru the block a few weeks back. Saving up the pennies now. Just hit me at a real bad time and went with no warning. I still love my truck, and the motor when it was running great, but how the hell am I supposed to trust this truck taking the camper 100 of miles from home. SMH now.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamv7010 View Post
This may be the case...but my question ....will ford/navistar/international...whoever ever stick a hand in and help some of these guys out?
no they won't
Old 06-24-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfarmrboy View Post
If anything they should extend warranty on certain parts, and offer great deals for guys to upgrade to the newest diesels with the 6.7 in them.
I agree...maybe full retail on a trade + a little incentive? But then dealerships will have a boat load of 6 liters that Noone will buy after they factor in their markup and any repair costs
Old 06-24-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamv7010 View Post
I agree...maybe full retail on a trade + a little incentive? But then dealerships will have a boat load of 6 liters that Noone will buy after they factor in their markup and any repair costs
Actually dealers in my area don't have a problem moving them, in fact if you want a cheap diesel then the 6.0 has pretty much filled this void. The 7.3 is getting harder and harder to find in great shape with low miles. I found two that I was looking at for a beater truck, one was an 2000 XLT with a handshaker ext cab short bed for $8K cash, the other was a fully loaded crew cab Lariat 2002 dually long bed for $24K. I have no idea what the dealer is thinking on that one, at best its worth $15 tops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.