Leaving in 2 weeks to get married 1400 miles from home - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leaving in 2 weeks to get married 1400 miles from home

Looking for any TRUCK prep advice before i head out im leaving friday july 13 for alb new mexico from delaware ohio this is a bit nerve racking not only cause im getting married again 2nd time and youd think i learn the first time right. But also i just spent 2000 bulletproofing my truck 3weeks ago plus this wedding so im kinda strapped on if something goes wrong. So any preventive maintance would be greatly appreciated if nothing else wish me luck here we go (again)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 05:39 PM
The Silent Service

First, do you have a monitor in the truck. I know you said it's bullet-proofed, but on two occassions now my monitor has prevented me getting stranded on the road. Other than a monitor and ensure your filters and fluids are good, there's not much else preventive you can do.

My HG's went weeks from my wedding day, and I thought I'd have to postpone it. I didn't, and hauled the bride, her Ranger on a U-haul autotransport, and what she had for household goods out of Northern VT in the middle of February. I wouldn't worry much about the trip, if you take all the right steps before hand.

Good Luck
Old 06-22-2012, 05:57 PM

Sorry guess i didnt put much info yea i did the egr delete arps new oil cooler flushed the coolant system (before new oil cooler) have had coolant filter on for about 5000 miles oem gaskets cat 1 elc coolant and all the rest of the needs truck runs great i also got an sct and i am ordering tunes this weekend just want to cover my butt as much as possible to have a great trip hate to get half way and it die lol which i guess would be an omen saying dont do it...jk i like to joke a lot kills the nerves

Old 06-22-2012, 05:58 PM

Damnit sorry yea i have an edge cts with eas egt probe all numbers are looking great since job was done my deltas are 3 to 6 and no higher than 8 when towing 7000lb machine for work in hills

Old 06-22-2012, 06:08 PM
The Silent Service

Your truck is in great shape then, shouldn't have any issues.

Who's tunes will you be running?

I would recommend adding the fuel pressure sensor to your CTS when you have the chance. Keeping fuel pressure monitored (and above 45psi) helps keep the injectors from failing. Not something that would need to be done this second (particularly if you'd done the fuel pressure regulator update from Ford), but something to keep an eye on.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:20 PM

Yes the blue spring check
I have been talking to Vivian but then i heard around the site sometimes her tunes have the canned tunes light switch affect and i dont like that light switch deal i have been trying out the pre tunes sent with my sct but idk just not what im looking for and suggestions on a good even power tune from someone else or is Vivian where to be also will i notice a real difference between a custom tune and the ones sent with sct

Old 06-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Chris's SPD!!!!

Sent from iPhone
Old 06-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Congratulations. I'm in Alb. If you need any help while your here let me know. Pm me and I'll get you my info. Your truck sounds ready good luck!

Sent from my DROID Pro using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 PM

Thanks rr my soon to be wife was born and raised there she moved here in 02 and i met her in 06 sp now we are going there to get this done yes if nothing else ill stop by and say hi while out there its a once a yr ordeal for us

Old 06-22-2012, 07:07 PM

Wasup man, I work at Chase Polaris and live in Groveport. I just took the truck to FL this winter/spring 800 each way I think it was, and I don't have nearly what you have done and was fine. Oh that was towing a 8K trailer too.... We never went below 60mph except off the highway, and had 0 issues.

I always change my oil and all filters before I go anywhere like that, unless it's not time, then I just rock and roll. Im tuned, gauges, lifted, wheels, etc. BUT no bullet proof. In your case I wouldnt be worried at all. Who did your work if you don't mind me asking. IF you want/can PM me their info, Im getting ready to have someone do a full flush and want a good shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.