Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Feb 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flushing and reverse flushing questions!
Ok I'm getting ready to replace my oil cooler along with a egr delete and all the other goodies. I want to make sure my agenda looks like it suppose to. Im going to have to do the mega flush along with a reverse flush after. My coolant is the dirtiest Ive ever seen in a 6.0. Ok here it goes.
1. Coolant filter a week or so before my flush
2. Drain coolant by pulling lower radiator hose along with block drain plugs
3. Tap water flush until all old coolant is removed.
4. Tap water flush with restore, drain.
5. Tap water flush with vc9, drain.
6. Reverse flush for 30 minutes or so???
7. 7 to 8 flush cycles of distilled water
8. Then add 3.5 gallons of my elc and top with distilled water??
Someone please let me know if any of that is wrong because I want to do the job right and not half *** anything.
Now my next question is how long do I wait after to do my oil cooler? Can it be done right after if my deltas to high to drive or drive a week or so then change? Also do I have to drain the coolant again to do the oil cooler and egr delete. I guess if I do I will be only adding about 3.5 of pre mixed of elc and distilled or untill full. I know this is a much talked about subject and I have read a ton just want to sure up before I tear into her. Thanks
2004 f350 6.0, 6spd, studs, 175/stock warrens, deleted, blue spring, 6.4 banjos, strait 4 in exhaust, zoo dad mod, 35s, 3.5 in lift,