Recent highway trip feedback on mileage/temperatures - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recent highway trip feedback on mileage/temperatures

Well i had to do some driving the past couple days, and my truck was put to work... My most recent trip, 1205 miles in 3 days

Temps were good whole trip. Fuel mileage was so so, around 17 to 18 either being 70-80% highway or almost all highway (truck is also lifted 2inch and on 33’s). Fuel pressure was decent (still need to finish my fuel system)

Here is my fuel ups and mileage:
6/19 – 386.0 miles 22.110 gallons – 17.5mpg
6/20 – 427.7 miles 23.960 gallons – 17.9mpg
Havent filled up since but im right on track that I was last tank, so im figuring I was about 17.5-17.9 on this tank (Im just burning it down to cut a hole in the tank in install my sump maybe this weekend)

Best temperature test, was a drive in cruise set at 70mph (gps set, and im only 1mph off on cluster) with windows down and going up a steady hill. EOT got to about 202-203 ECT was around 192-194.

Later in the trip AC was turned on and no real difference in ECT/EOT. Mileage was affect much by the AC either.

Most of the trip that Wednesday, which was a 670mile trip was around 191-192 ECT and 197-199 EOT temps with AC on blast

Truck has new headgaskets, studs, cooler and ELC as of a year ago. And i was running TSD SuperPanty Dropper with early lock up.

To me those temps seem decent, but what is everyone think?! Personally i think the mileage should be more but im figuring the lift/tires are killing it. What does everyone think about the fuel mileage?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Premium Member

YOUR NUMBERS LOOK GREAT TO ME
I WISH I COULD GET ANYTHING BETTER THAN 16.9
Old 06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mileage is great temps look pretty normal to me
Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Premium Member

Your deltas are more than acceptable to me. With an IDP Extreme tune, I hve gotten mid 17~low 18 35s in my 03. I'll have SRL numbers Saturday as I am doing an 800 mile ride.

Did you mean to say that AC didn't effect mpg much? The text was a little choppy there.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
Your deltas are more than acceptable to me. With an IDP Extreme tune, I hve gotten mid 17~low 18 35s in my 03. I'll have SRL numbers Saturday as I am doing an 800 mile ride.

Did you mean to say that AC didn't effect mpg much? The text was a little choppy there.
Yeah didnt notice much of a difference, although dont have hard numbers to prove it, but tank with no AC and highway driving got 300 half tank (i think, it was either 300 or 325 half tank) and then with AC got same mileage at half tank.

Glad to see that im on key with the truck, makes me feel somewhat better knowing im not far off or something is wrong causing skued numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.