Buy the Ford ESP warranty? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Buy the Ford ESP warranty?

Just bought my bone stock 2005 f250 6.0 last week from a dealer here in NJ. Truck is in IMMACULATE shape and was constantly serviced and maintained at the dealer with only 65k miles on it. Previous owner was original and an older gentleman that is friendly with the dealership staff and everyone said he spared no expense on the truck and took great care of it. He had the platinum warranty for the entire time he owned the truck and warranty info only showed a few claims being degas bottle, chrome tow hooks rusting, climate control unit loss of power and wheels chipping; all of which were taken care of and all before 2007. I feel I got a good deal on the truck only paying $26k for it out the door. Dealer offered me ESP warranties for COST! My new purchase warranty runs out on July 9th. My question is should i purchase one of these warranties and to what level ranging from powertrain up to the platinum which covers everything (bumper to bumper). I've had the platinum on both my 03 explorer sport and 04 mustang mach1 and both times it has paid for itself 3-fold but i only paid a few hundred for the past two vehicles since they had such low mileage. I know the 6.0s have tons of problems with EGR and headstuds etc.. They want $1300 for powertrain and $2500 for the platinum both with $100 deductibles. I have until 70k miles till pricing will go up on the ESP rates the've given me. Any input on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 PM

If you can get the top warranty for $2500 that's not too bad. I paid that for my Extra Care I think. My warranty has definitely paid for itself especially this last time I used it to fix a bed plate leak.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:14 PM

Yea thats for 2 years i believe...i was thinking of going with the premium care. Also a good part of my driving is highway and only put on about 10-12k miles a year and only tow a 4x6 utility trailer and the only mechanical mod planned is a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust.

Last edited by lowrider284; 06-18-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:27 PM

Ya I have the Extra care from toyota on mine, my dealer said its one of the best ones. 2 yrs/30k miles for a hair over $2k. its paid for its self now.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:31 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this warranty through Ford or an aftermarket? The reason I ask is I thought the requirements for the Ford extended warranty is that is must be purchased during the original ford warranty period.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:43 PM

Warranty is from ford and now looking at the ESP website its even cheaper than the dealer: (2 years 24k miles) $2030 for premium and $1640 for extra care. Both have a $100 deductible.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:16 AM

Bought the warranty, dropped the rental option and lowered the deductible. Paid $2060 plus $98 for initial inspection. Now i just gotta worry about modding and having the truck serviced without a problem
Old 07-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Premium Member

I had bought a F350 lariat bout a month ago with 70k on it. it has 72 now. so far i have ahd to replace rear calipers, carriers cause theyw ere siezed and also the starter died Saturday night. Cant complain with that cuase it was cheap.

But i called FORD ESP today and they tried to get me to purchase the Premium or platiunum w/e its called for 3k. it was 3 year 36000 with 50 dolalr deductable. I dont need half the crap really but the trans and motor stuff worry me. Anyway, i too was looking into a 4" MBRP turboback and maybe S&B intake. Has anyone received grief over a warranty with stuff like this? Right now the Truck is Stock
Old 07-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Just for the sake of balance....
I bought my early build 03 in 2005 with 40K on the ticker. My warrunty claims were for a cracked Y pipe and the recall/reflash of the PCM.

In 07, my warranty ran out. I purchased the Ford ESP.

Never used it. And to this day (the ESP has long since expired) I am still on all of the original engine and transmission parts with 153K mi. I take that back! I installed a new EGR valve at 120K just for grins.

Do I regret buying the ESP? Not at all. My rationale was that the $1,500 purchace price of the ESP would take care of just one mechanical problem that I could face.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudah View Post
I had bought a F350 lariat bout a month ago with 70k on it. it has 72 now. so far i have ahd to replace rear calipers, carriers cause theyw ere siezed and also the starter died Saturday night. Cant complain with that cuase it was cheap.

But i called FORD ESP today and they tried to get me to purchase the Premium or platiunum w/e its called for 3k. it was 3 year 36000 with 50 dolalr deductable. I dont need half the crap really but the trans and motor stuff worry me. Anyway, i too was looking into a 4" MBRP turboback and maybe S&B intake. Has anyone received grief over a warranty with stuff like this? Right now the Truck is Stock
I already had a rear caliper replaced on mine too and barely had it a month. GET THE PREMIUM CARE, for the extra few hundred bucks its covering 500 parts instead of the 140 or whatever the lower plan covers. I just got my premium care 2yrs/24k miles for $2070 with a $50 deductible. These warranties pay for themselves over and over again but i just wish they were more mod friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
esp, warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.