FICMRepair.com, PHP, and my FICM...A match made in heaven - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
FICMRepair.com, PHP, and my FICM...A match made in heaven

Just some more of the usual. Praise for Ed at FICMRepair.com. Due to stuff I learned from here, I saw my FICM headed south and sent it to Ed to rebuild while I was gone on vacation. Also had the Atlas 40 put on it also ...since it was out. Got it put back int he truck today and ....AWESOME!!!

Ed does great work. Never saw it dip below 47.5V and was up in the 48.5V at times. I have never seen it that high. He had it back on my doorstep before I was even half way through vacation. Total down time 4 days! Highly recommended!

And it does not stop there. The tune from PHP is great too. Turbo spools up a lot quicker and overall better power. There is only one issue that I have with PHP and that is their statement that you will see an increase in gas mileage with their tune. I do not believe that to be true....because I can not keep my foot off the skinny pedal. Not only is my fuel mileage going down but I am going to need tires even quicker!

All kidding a side I would highly recommend both companies to anyone. Two thumbs up for 2 great companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great post - I definitely feel the same way!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Premium Member

Ed just done mine also also well satisfied. fast turn around time. cant really tell diff in the atlas 40, I already have Erics sct extreem tune. so no major diff. but not enough time behind the wheel yet.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM

had mine back from him for 2months now and have the same atlas 40 and its well worth it
Old 06-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Glow Plugs Only

Don't want my FICM going out anytime soon but am heading towards the Atlas 40 As soon as funds allow for it. All the reviews are real positive
Old 06-18-2012, 07:24 PM

Im interested in doing that same thing. for $300 plus shipping is not bad.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I may have noticed a larger difference in performance with the Atlas 40 due to the fact that I have no other tuning on my truck, yet. I think I am going to go with SRL as soon as I get my EGR deleted.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just had Ed put the atlas 40 in mine. Ed was great to work with, I had emailed him several times asking questions and he replied within a couple hours every time. Super nice guy. Great thing was my ficm was shipped back to me the day after they received it. Can't beat that. My truck runs great now! Money well spent.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aretoo View Post
I may have noticed a larger difference in performance with the Atlas 40 due to the fact that I have no other tuning on my truck, yet. I think I am going to go with SRL as soon as I get my EGR deleted.
I put my truck back to stock a couple weeks before I sent mine off to get programmed just to see how big of a difference it made. I noticed a big difference over stock also.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone6.0 View Post
Ed just done mine also also well satisfied. fast turn around time. cant really tell diff in the atlas 40, I already have Erics sct extreem tune. so no major diff. but not enough time behind the wheel yet.
I'm also running Eric's extreme street. Why didn't you go with the atlas 80 or Hercules? Do you tow once in a while?
I want to do this upgrade before this winter but my truck is my DD. I need to do some homework on Ed's FICM swap procedure and potential software conflicts upgrading to the 4-pin FICM (03-04 has a 7-pin setup I think).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.